Daylight Savings Time issue. RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently experiencing an issue syncing between a SQL CE database, and a SQL2012 database using Sync Services.

Since this application was last used - the server has been been upgraded from server 2003/SQL 2005 to Server 2008R2/SQL2012 and the application was upgraded from .Net 3.5 to 4.5.

Dates and times for October, March and April (the fringes of Australian Daylight Savings time) are synced to the server and the time stored is an hour behind the source data.  It is very similar to the KB article linked below, however all servers have the same timezone (some read UTC+10 and others are GMT+10 - which should equate to the same timezones).

I can't add links but the KB is 842545

Any thoughts/ideas etc?  I am concerned that the workaround in the knowledge base won't help solve the issue as the servers think they are the same timezones.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 11:45 PM

All replies

• I have confirmed (using TZEdit.exe) that the daylight savings start and end time are the same (and correct) on all servers involved.
    Wednesday, February 25, 2015 12:47 AM
  • just to clarify, all the servers are in the same timezone? are the SQL Ce databases in the same timezone as well?

the date serialization issue will only occur if you're using Sync Fx in an n-tier setup (via WCF).

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 12:51 AM
  • All servers and clients are in the same timezone, physically and logically (confirmed with TZEdit.exe).

We are using Sync-Fx via WCF to sync from the SQL CE to the SQL 2012 database.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 2:07 AM