CRM 4 - Questions , Problems ...etc. RRS feed

• Question

• Good Evening Ladies and Gents ,

I am new to CRM so bare with... I am learning..

1.  in a Case Form I have to add three Extra Fields but have to use lookup so to select a customer

Doctors - I need to make that field to lookup through contacts and the user will pick the doctor
    Referals - I need to make that field to lookup through contacts and the user will pick the Referal
    Parent Contact  - I need to make that field to lookup through contacts and the user will pick the Parent Contact

2. What is the easiest way to add pictures, Documents, Video from a NAS Storage system... ?
    I want to add to each of clients Tabs with photos , documents or any other material...

3. When you make a new contract template it has  a very nice calendar so to choose the days and hours for the contract.
    I want to use that type of the calendar in another form , can I use it ?

4. How do I do recurrent Service activities in CRM 4 ?

Thats for now any help will be appreciated :)

My best regards to all of you

Wednesday, December 9, 2009 9:12 PM

Answers

• 1.  in a Case Form I have to add three Extra Fields but have to use lookup so to select a customer

Doctors - I need to make that field to lookup through contacts and the user will pick the doctor
    Referals - I need to make that field to lookup through contacts and the user will pick the Referal
    Parent Contact  - I need to make that field to lookup through contacts and the user will pick the Parent Contact

To add lookup to form you need to create a relationship between entities

2. What is the easiest way to add pictures, Documents, Video from a NAS Storage system... ?
    I want to add to each of clients Tabs with photos , documents or any other material...

You can use Iframe and display contents of selected folder .

3. When you make a new contract template it has  a very nice calendar so to choose the days and hours for the contract.

Don't think so.

Currently MS CRM 4.0 UR7 not have this functionality however you can use 3rd party solutions to do it or create own workflow. 
    My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    • Proposed as answer by kgorczewski Wednesday, December 9, 2009 9:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:33 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 9:42 PM
  • I have used Iframe but each client has different photos , documents videos so with IFRAME I dont have the option to link anything I want to that specific contact...

As I understand each client have own folder in your NAS. So for every client you can map iframe for client folder and if you have a standarized named of folders you can this by code. You can also do some automation like when new contact will be created plugin will create new folder in your NAS.

In Cases when you create a new case and open it again it gives the option above to attach any file you want and when you attach it it takes it to the notes and articles Tab.

In MS CRM you can add attachments to the notes
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 10:35 PM
  • You need N-1 relationship.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009 10:44 PM

All replies

• 1.  in a Case Form I have to add three Extra Fields but have to use lookup so to select a customer

To add lookup to form you need to create a relationship between entities

You can use Iframe and display contents of selected folder .

Don't think so.

Currently MS CRM 4.0 UR7 not have this functionality however you can use 3rd party solutions to do it or create own workflow. 
    • Proposed as answer by kgorczewski Wednesday, December 9, 2009 9:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:33 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 9:42 PM
  • Thanks Kgorczewski for your prompt reply ..

About question 1 , I have created a relationship 1 to many ... named it doctorsid

What now ? How I put it in the form as a lookup field ? I cant find a field with that name ....

Wednesday, December 9, 2009 9:53 PM
  • About Question 2...

I have used Iframe but each client has different photos , documents videos so with IFRAME I dont have the option to link anything I want to that specific contact...

In Cases when you create a new case and open it again it gives the option above to attach any file you want and when you attach it it takes it to the notes and articles Tab.

Any chance to do something like that?
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 10:07 PM
  • I have used Iframe but each client has different photos , documents videos so with IFRAME I dont have the option to link anything I want to that specific contact...

As I understand each client have own folder in your NAS. So for every client you can map iframe for client folder and if you have a standarized named of folders you can this by code. You can also do some automation like when new contact will be created plugin will create new folder in your NAS.

In MS CRM you can add attachments to the notes
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 10:35 PM
  • You need N-1 relationship.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009 10:44 PM