Problems doing RWA, Windows Storage Server 2008 R2, after upgrading windows in Sept 2014 RRS feed

• Question

• Same problem as OP.

On Windows 7 machine, until two days ago RWA to the  on Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 worked perfectly.

Since I upgraded Windows two days ago, I get an error message without any error code saying 

Cannot connect to Remote Web Access. Please contact the person who manages the server.

Same problem with another laptop running windows 7 too

Surprisingly, using chrome or firebox, I can log in, upload/download files from shared folders, but obviously cannot remote connect to the computers on the server

Also, using iphone, can log in to server, and read files.

Also, surprisingly, other colleagues, using different laptops/computers but from another location, can access without any problems

Saturday, September 13, 2014 9:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    sorry for the late answer.

Is the RWA domain added to Trusted Sites zone on the affected clients? Are you using the 32 Bit version of Internet Explorer and allow the Remote Desktop Connection Active X control to be installed? (see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951607/en-us, although it refers to Windows XP).

Btw.: Storage Server is not Windows Home Server, therefore you have been off topic here.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:36 AM