HP MediaSmart 47x Hardware/Software issue RRS feed

• Question

• So, my box isn't very happy right now.

It's on the network enough that I can ping it, but I'm getting no SMB traffic, no port 80 traffic.

And unfortunately, my only windows box doesn't have the home server client software on it to see if that works. Suggestions?

-fh
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:25 PM

All replies

• Did you reboot the WHS? It's the only option I see right now. Althoug you could install the connector on the client (not sure why you did not do that yet).

< Now I know again why I hate those kind of WHS-boxes (no Videocard).>

So, my box isn't very happy right now.

It's on the network enough that I can ping it, but I'm getting no SMB traffic, no port 80 traffic.

And unfortunately, my only windows box doesn't have the home server client software on it to see if that works. Suggestions?

-fh

Have a nice day!
    Friday, June 11, 2010 11:56 AM
  • If it's in "factory" state, then you will need to install the connector to go through the "Out Of Box Experience" portion of configuration. Until you've done that, there's no way to access your server.

If you've had it a while, try connecting to it using Remote Desktop.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, June 11, 2010 12:13 PM
  • Rebooted a few times. And haven't installed the connector because a) can't find a download and b) can't find the CD/DVD that came with the media center. Just ordered the os upgrade that came out back in december, so that'll fix that side of it, but if I'm not getting any access to the box at all apart from ping, I'm not entirely convinced that will be able to access it either. I'm about 90% sure I'm looking at a recovery situation.
    -fh
    Friday, June 11, 2010 9:05 PM
  • I've had it a while, yes. And no, RDP doesn't work any better than any other network protocol beyond ping.
    -fh
    Friday, June 11, 2010 9:06 PM
  • OK - so you can ping--by address?

Using RDP--have you tried via the ip address?

You've had this awhile--was there anything that might have precipitated this condition?

"F. H. Muffman" wrote in message news:492e15b5-13ee-4d24-9fe2-a74f1bab64c3@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I've had it a while, yes. And no, RDP doesn't work any better than any other network protocol beyond ping.

-fh

Bill Sanderson
    Monday, June 14, 2010 9:09 PM
  • Hi,

I ended up removing the 1TB drive in bay one (system drive). I attached it to a Windows 7 pc and ran a repair on the drive (sys partion), and after that reinserted it into the Server. That did the trick for me - WHS is now running again.

Sunday, March 6, 2011 6:08 PM