One-off sync to sql express database RRS feed

• Question

• I have a requirement where I need a database to be provisioned on the clients SQL Server Express database from a SQL Server database. I've defined a filtered scope containing the tables/data I need which is all fine and the sync works, however for my particular requirement its basically a one-off synchronization per client requirement - once the initial provision and sync has been done to a client I never need to incrementally get changes again. Is this kind of scenario supported? I dont really need all the triggers and tracking tables since Im not interested in tracking changes, only in the initial database populate. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Monday, May 23, 2011 3:14 AM

Answers

• just DeprovisionStore after the initial sync to remove all Sync Fx related objects.

you can also do this using the offline provider, just set the sync direction to Snapshot only.

• Marked as answer by Mark Dakers Monday, May 23, 2011 6:44 AM
    Monday, May 23, 2011 5:29 AM

All replies

• just DeprovisionStore after the initial sync to remove all Sync Fx related objects.

you can also do this using the offline provider, just set the sync direction to Snapshot only.

• Marked as answer by Mark Dakers Monday, May 23, 2011 6:44 AM
    Monday, May 23, 2011 5:29 AM
  • Thanks June, I assume the snapshot will work correctly with a filtered scope?
    Monday, May 23, 2011 6:18 AM
  • snapshots are in the older providers (SqlCeClientSyncProvider/DbServerSyncProvider) where you define a sync group.

if you're using filtered scope on SqlCeSyncProvider/SqlSyncProvider, you'll have to do the provision/deprovision path.

hth,

junet

Monday, May 23, 2011 8:19 AM