Do "OnCreate Workflows" run when records are added through the Dynamics Connector? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone!

I am curious to know whether my "oncreate" processes will run when adding records into CRM 2011 on-premise using the Dynamics Connector, or do they only run when records are added in manually?

Monday, August 26, 2013 9:26 PM

Answers

• A workflow will trigger no matter how the record was created. Whether that was from the user interface, from a plugin, the dynamics connector, a data import, or even another workflow... it will always trigger on what it's set to trigger on.

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

• Marked as answer by madbrendon Wednesday, August 28, 2013 11:27 PM
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I hope "OnCreate" processes should run while adding records using connector as well.

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 3:59 AM
  • A workflow will trigger no matter how the record was created. Whether that was from the user interface, from a plugin, the dynamics connector, a data import, or even another workflow... it will always trigger on what it's set to trigger on.

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

• Marked as answer by madbrendon Wednesday, August 28, 2013 11:27 PM
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:34 AM