Update issue RRS feed

• Question

•  

so my other pc is not updated, how can i update it using the pc that i am currently on
    Friday, May 2, 2008 5:31 AM

Answers

• If you mean that OneCare on a Hub PC in a Circle is reporting that there is a problem on the remote PC with Critical Updates being missing or with OneCare itself being unable to update, you can't perform any remedial action from the Hub for these situations.

At this time, there are limited corrective actions that can be taken from a Hub over the Circle. You can turn on the firewall and virus protection if either have been turned off by someone at that remote PC, but if the reason that either are off is a program or system problem, you'll have to go to that PC.

If the PC is truly remote, meaning not at your current physical location, your options may include using Remote Assistance with someone at that location or configuring and using Remote Desktop unless the Windows version of the remote PC is a Home edition, in which case Remote Desktop is not an option. In either case, you'd need to allow this in the remote PC firewall.

-steve

Friday, May 2, 2008 12:28 PM