none
VSTO outlook addin customisation Manifest Key value in registry RRS feed

• Question

• Where does the value of Manifest key comes from? in registry for outlook add-in developed using Visual Studio vb.net.

The reason is I have an issue with the outlook add-in that is developed using Visual Studio vb.net and that add-in was picking up all the changes published till date automatically when I close and then open the outlook but the last changes I made (no error when I build the project so changes are fine) are not getting picked up automatically by the add-in.  In addition outlook even removes the add-in from the ribbon and upon checking the registry values for the add-in I saw that Manifest key shows the path pointing to different location.  However when I re-install using the setup.exe it picks up the new changes.

I also publish this using ClickOnce so is it to do with signing the certificate Manifest with incorrect certificate or signing the assembly with incorrect key?

Thursday, April 25, 2019 3:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This forum is discussing and asking questions about the vb.net, it will be more appropriate to ask your question at VSTO

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 26, 2019 1:24 AM