STOP Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone I was installing WHS on a test machine that I have an during the installation I get a STOP Error

STOP: 0x0000007E

sisgrp.sys   Address F7A17F53 base at F7A07000

I'm not sure what this particular error is...although I've tried two different CD/DVD drives and two different installation CD's that were burned and verified.

Machine:

Customer build

Intel Board

512 RAM PC 2700

Onboard video and audio

Maxtor drive 160GB (tested the drive twice it checked out)

Any ideas anyone?

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 8:52 PM

Answers

• Well, sisgrp.sys is a video driver, but the error you're seeing is (according to the product team) almost always the result of a bad download or burn. Have you gone through all of the troubleshooting steps on the download page? (It sounds like you might have.)
    Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:47 PM
  • Well I feel pretty stupid....good call on the video card by the way...that's exactly what it was.  I had forgot that I had an external (not onboard) video card in there that wasn't supported.  That's what was causing the BSOD.  Pulled it out and the installation went in fine.  Thanks for the help!
    Wednesday, June 20, 2007 10:56 PM

All replies

• Well, sisgrp.sys is a video driver, but the error you're seeing is (according to the product team) almost always the result of a bad download or burn. Have you gone through all of the troubleshooting steps on the download page? (It sounds like you might have.)
    Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:47 PM
  • Well I feel pretty stupid....good call on the video card by the way...that's exactly what it was.  I had forgot that I had an external (not onboard) video card in there that wasn't supported.  That's what was causing the BSOD.  Pulled it out and the installation went in fine.  Thanks for the help!
    Wednesday, June 20, 2007 10:56 PM
  • I too got the same error (with sisgrp.sys), and it also wound up being the video card. It was a really old card, which I pulled and used the onboard video adapter instead.

Also, that STOP 0x0000007E error doesn't necessarily always mean bad media, as I'm using the discs ordered from Microsoft.
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:48 PM
  • I have bought the original Windows Home Server inclusive DVD , from Microsoft Company Store.

At the first installation I received:   Stop Error 0x0000007E (  0xC0000005, 0X8103CB4E, 0xF883E99C, 0xF883E898 )

I don't know what this mean and can't do anything except reboot. 

I shall start Linux so I know what type of hardware is installed in this computer:

It's a NEC computer (6 years old, I think good to work for me as network server)

1000 MHz, 2 Harddrives 120 an4d 160 GByte. 512 MB Memory.

VGA -compatible controller ATI-Technologies Rage 128 RF/SG AG

Most of the internal hardware is controlled by a VIA-Technologies  VT82xxxxx bridge  (USB, ISA, IDE, PCI, SMBUS)

The following software works fine on this computer:  WinXP -servicepack 2 all kind of Linux.

This is the first O.S. that don't work on this computer.

I hope someone have a solution for this problem

Hans van der Meulen (Netherlands)

Sunday, March 30, 2008 6:02 PM
  • Hans,

The computer you're going to use, is bordering on the absolute minimum.

You need to find if NEC have any Server 2003 drivers available for this board, but I think you really should think in investing in some more up-to-date hardware, as this is a server you are building, so stability and reliability are important.

After saying all that, also looking on the component manufacturers sites - VIA, ATI etc., could be worthwhile. Remember also, that any drivers you might need, will have to be installed twice; once for the underlying Server 2003 and then again for the Windows Home Server portion.

Good luck,

Colin

Sunday, March 30, 2008 6:21 PM