WHS Remote Access - Not a question but a thank you to all RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All

In the past few weeks I built a Home Server from scratch (zero experience). I installed WHS. I got everything to work within the first day. I only had one problem and that was Remote Access. For the past 3 weeks I have been reading all the posts here (and in fairness, other sites too) trying to resolve the problem - all to no avail. Tonight, I got it to work.

I had a Linksys WRT 610n Ver2 behind Motorola SBG900 modem. I found others with the same setup but could not get it to work. Today I read about DOCSIS3 and decided that I wanted to improve my internet speeds so I switched out the Motorola SBG900 to a Motorola SB6120 and voila! - it works. I am able to connect internally and externally. From what I have read in the past fews weeks I am guessing I had a double NAT situation that was resolved with the new modem.

Anyway, I would just like to say thank you to everyone here that takes out the time to helps others. Your contributions are most appreciated.

Jerry

• Changed type brubberModerator Tuesday, October 12, 2010 10:15 AM not a question
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 12:51 AM