Hide the "Add existing" button RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to hide the "Add existing" button.

Here's the code i'm using:

Code Snippet

//HIDE ADD EXISTING
    _tryhide2 = function(){
        try{
    with (document.all['new_contact_new_dineintakeawaycommentcardFrame'].contentWindow.document){
              if (readyState != 'complete') return
                         setTimeout(arguments.callee,100);
    // Now you are placed in the frame that contains the button you want to hide                      
    if (getElementById('_MBtoplocAssocOneToMany10001newcontactnewdineintakeawaycommentcard')!=null)
       {

// The id is the one that you want to hide
    with (getElementById('_MBtoplocAssocOneToMany10001newcontactnewdineintakeawaycommentcard')){
                    style.display='none';
                  // nextSibling.style.display='none'; //hide the spacer as well
                }
            }
        }
        } catch(e) { return setTimeout(arguments.callee,100); }
    }

document.getElementById('nav_new_contact_new_dineintakeawaycommentcard').attachEvent('onfocus',_tryhide2);

I tried it on a VM, it worked fine. Now i'm trying it on a real server, i'm getting the following problem.

When i click the first time on the button in the left bar to open the associated view, i can see the "Add existing" button; if i then click on anothe button from the left bar and then reclick on my button(which i need to hide the "Add existing" for) then the "Add existing" button is hidden.

So i have to click the button on the left bar then click another then reclick it in order to see that "Add existing" is hidden.

So how can i make it disappear from the first click?

What could be wrong in the code?

It's urgent!!

Thanks in advance

Thursday, September 4, 2008 8:11 AM

Answers

• i found the solution.

I should comment the following line:

if (readyState != 'complete') return
                         setTimeout(arguments.callee,100);

Thursday, September 4, 2008 9:49 AM