none
Windows 7 Licence - Blocked RRS feed

• Question

• oh well like a lot of others my product key on my windows 7 professional has been blocked, when I checked the product Id, It shows the 220 digits.  I now know it was an MSDN key  :(

I have now purchased a Full retail product as I wont be getting anywhere with the old one but wanted to know just how to proceed?

Bought from auction site and stupidly believed it was a licence for a Single PC only. 
    Thought I was ok paid via PayPal with my Credit Card BUT alas it was funded from my PayPal account as there was money in it.  You can guess neither FleaBay or PayPal are interested in helping after 45 days it's as if they do not really care even if their seller are acting illegally.
    well they want to keep their fees intact but I know from one other previous experience they soon want to know when there is a charge back.  I will never make that mistake again... credit card payment only , they work on your behalf.

More angy as I have had to write a letter to their European Office in Luxemburg to get contact details as the seller is no longer a registered user and is not responding. Even thought I had already dealt with them it was not their place to provide that to me.  Was told to give the address to my Solicitor's great.  
    So before I register / log the call with Microsoft I will await their contact details.

Do you believe this is best approach?  Wait for contact details first or register then provide the contact details later?  

Would it also be helpful to paste the results of the diag test now so you can see the key sequence?

Regards Maxine

Thursday, December 23, 2010 12:14 PM

Answers

• I do not know if you will be contacted or when. I do not work for MS, I suspect you will recieve atleast an email reply confirming that they have the information.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:02 AM
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 8:33 PM
  • From the http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/reporting/default.aspx page:

"Microsoft receives thousands of leads per month and is dedicated to acting on each one we receive. We evaluate every lead that comes in—and while we can't always communicate what we are doing with the leads for legal reasons, please know that each lead is taken very seriously and acted upon."

Darin MS
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:02 AM

All replies

• If by register you mean report the product/selkler to MS, I suggest you do it as soon as possible, you can always add or update information later. MS will most be interested in the sellers information that you should already have.

Good luck

Carl

Thursday, December 23, 2010 2:34 PM
  • Thanks Carl, I completed the online form.

Will anyone contact me? I would like to know that someone will follow up.

Kind regards Maxine

Thursday, December 23, 2010 3:29 PM
  • I do not know if you will be contacted or when. I do not work for MS, I suspect you will recieve atleast an email reply confirming that they have the information.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 8:33 PM
  • From the http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/reporting/default.aspx page:

"Microsoft receives thousands of leads per month and is dedicated to acting on each one we receive. We evaluate every lead that comes in—and while we can't always communicate what we are doing with the leads for legal reasons, please know that each lead is taken very seriously and acted upon."

Darin MS
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:02 AM