Update a value from one entity to another Entity selecting Lookup field RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have drop down list (lookup Field) in the product form,While selecting the value of drop down then fetch the other field values of that lookup field Custom Entity and set into this product Entity during the on-change of the drop down field.kindly give me one solution.

For Example : I have one drop down list name as HSN/SAC Code (Lookup Field) in Product Entity,Lookup field connected with custom entity,i Want to fetch one field value from that custom entity and set the same field into product entity during the on-change of the drop down field.

Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Neethu,

You can use calculated fields to fetch attributes from the lookup entity. 

Refer to the blog post link below describing a scenario that resembles yours. Replace Parent Account lookup with your HSN/SAC Code lookup.

Calculated Fields Part 3: Working with Lookups

blog: http://technologynotesforyou.wordpress.com

• Edited by Khadim Ali Thursday, August 10, 2017 5:14 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Khadim Ali Tuesday, August 15, 2017 4:03 PM
    Thursday, August 10, 2017 5:14 PM
  • You can use JavaScript however it would be easier to use a synchronous workflow. On change of lookup field you can update product.

Regards Faisal

Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:21 AM
  • Hi Khadim,

Thanks for your response.

I want to use the same thing for customer data type. I want to auto populate a two option set data type field  when I am selecting one customer data type field. Is it possible? How can I do that?

Thursday, August 31, 2017 7:16 AM