OCS 2007 R2 Address Book Problem with New Users RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having an issue with new users added to our environment.  Not sure if this is the problem, but I have recently deployed Windows Server 2008 R2 on our domain controllers.  OCS 2007R2 Standard is running on Win2k8 64 bit. 

The address book will not pick up new users added to OCS.  So for example, an existing user can search the address book, but new users do not appear.  New users can login to OCS, but when they search the address book, they get no results for anybody.

I have tried manually resyncing and regenerating the address books, and I have deleted the address book files and they rebuild successfully.  No errors are being logged in the event viewer.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 6:14 PM

Answers

• Sorry to waste your time, the problem is fixed.  It turned out to be a DNS issue not allowing the clients to download the updated address books.  Not sure when or why this started, but all is well now.

Thanks.
    • Marked as answer by Dan112233 Monday, September 14, 2009 8:51 PM
    Monday, September 14, 2009 8:51 PM

All replies

• Are users not automatically appearing after 24 hours?  If they are then it's possible you are missing a step in the manual sync process, but if they are not showing up even after 2-3 days then it's probably something else.  For starters, is this a Standard or Enterprise Edition deployment?
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Monday, September 14, 2009 12:24 PM
  • No, they are not showing up, even days later.  I'm running Standard.
    Monday, September 14, 2009 2:33 PM
  • Ok, is this a new that appeared suddenly or is your OCS deployment brand new and you've never gotten that to work in the first place?  Was this an upgrade from a previous version of Communications Server or a fresh install in a clean forest/domain?
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    • Marked as answer by Dan112233 Monday, September 14, 2009 8:50 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Dan112233 Monday, September 14, 2009 8:50 PM
    Monday, September 14, 2009 3:03 PM
  • Sorry to waste your time, the problem is fixed.  It turned out to be a DNS issue not allowing the clients to download the updated address books.  Not sure when or why this started, but all is well now.

Thanks.
    • Marked as answer by Dan112233 Monday, September 14, 2009 8:51 PM
    Monday, September 14, 2009 8:51 PM