OfflineAppDemo-Builder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have installed the Microsoft Sync Service beta2 version and when I ran the updated OfflineAppDemo-Builder application in VS 2005, it gives the compilation error.

'Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SyncAgent' does not contain a definition for 'RemoteProvider'. and when I diagnosed the  'Microsoft.Synchronization.Data in object browser, it didnt have definition for 'Remote Provider', 'Local Provider' and 'Configuration'.

I am new to database sync services. Please help me in this.

Regards

smitha

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 7:39 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, August 21, 2007 1:34 PM

Answers

• We made changes in beta 2 to rename server and client provider to RemoteProvider and LocalProvider and added configuration object. Since you are getting compilation errors for these, then chances are you sitll have the older bits (somehow). Try uninstalling the reinstalling the sync runtime. Make sure you are installing beta 2 bits.

Thanks

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:00 PM

All replies

• We made changes in beta 2 to rename server and client provider to RemoteProvider and LocalProvider and added configuration object. Since you are getting compilation errors for these, then chances are you sitll have the older bits (somehow). Try uninstalling the reinstalling the sync runtime. Make sure you are installing beta 2 bits.

Thanks

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:00 PM
  •  

Thanks Rafik,

Now I was able to build 2-Tier Sync service application :-). There are very good documentation on these topics.

But I am facing problem with using WCF and Microsoft Synchronization Service. I have followed all the steps said in OfflineAppDemo-Webservice to make it to WCF.  But I am getting an exception

{"The formatter threw an exception while trying to deserialize the message: There was an error while trying to deserialize parameter http://tempuri.org/Tongue Tiedession. The InnerException message was 'Error in line 1 position 433. 'EndElement' 'session' from namespace 'http://tempuri.org/' is not expected. Expecting element '_clientId'.'.  Please see InnerException for more details."}

can you please help me to figure out where I am going wrong.

I could not find any sample on web on 'Microsoft Synchronization Service with WCF'.  I am using .Net 2005. It may not be possible for me to down Orcas beta version.

Regards

smitha

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 9:07 AM
  • Hello smitha,

Did you ever solve this problem? Im facing the same ;o(

Regards

Peter Lyn

Friday, December 7, 2007 8:58 AM
  • Tuesday, May 20, 2008 12:15 PM