locked
Sharepoint Presence tag stuck on Orange RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All,

     

    I have recently implemented a Office Communicatior Server 2007 Standard roll out to my organisation. The client communicators are working as expected with the presence indicators pulling ther correct info from outlook etc.. The only this I can't get to work is the Communicator/MOSS 2007 interface. The actual Presence tags are available and working within sharepoint and I am able to get calendar info, phone numbers etc but the actual online presence is organce/red with Username@Domain: IS Not An Online Contact. Communicator is showing the contact is online with a green presence light.

     

    I have checked everything from the Comm Server to the presence settings in sharepoint its self but cannot get this to work. Any help would be of help

    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 11:34 AM

Answers

  • Hi Chris,

     

    I have just cracked it!

     

    It seems if you use a distribution group for your contacts in the office communicator client it does not link the uses in the group to the sharepoint presence.

     

    For my Contacts in the Office Communicator Client I used a distribution group called 'everyone', I have since copied all the uses in that distribution group into my contacts list and sharepoint is not showing the presence indicators correctly.

     

    In short. If you experience this and you use security groups as you contacts list.

    1. Select all the users in the distribution group

    2. Add them to your communicator contacts

    3. Remove the group contact and that solves the sharepoint presence issue.

     

    James

    Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:35 PM

All replies

  • The most successful way to ensure that presence appears in Sharepoint is to have your user's SIP URIs match their e-mail address.  Is that the case in your environment?

    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:30 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Mike,

     

    Yes, this is the case for my environment. We have the SIP and e-mail address the same across the board.

     

    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 4:12 PM
  • Ok, then give the info from the Communicator release notes a try:

     

    Office Communicator Presence does not display in Office Outlook or SharePoint

    ISSUE: Office Communicator presence is not displayed in Office Outlook or Office SharePoint.

    RESOLUTION: Set the following registry keys to make Communicator the default application for Presence within Office applications.

    REG_DWORD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\PersonaMenu\RTCApplication=3

    REG_DWORD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\PersonaMenu\RTCApplication=3

     

    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 6:17 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Chris,

     

    This seems to work for some clients but not on others. I have users on XP and Vista machines (mine is Vista and experiencing this issue) But on another Vista machine the Sharepoint Presence is working fine. I see this with the XP machines too.

    Is there anything I can use as a comparison between working and nonworking machines?

    Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:23 PM
  • Hi Chris,

     

    I have just cracked it!

     

    It seems if you use a distribution group for your contacts in the office communicator client it does not link the uses in the group to the sharepoint presence.

     

    For my Contacts in the Office Communicator Client I used a distribution group called 'everyone', I have since copied all the uses in that distribution group into my contacts list and sharepoint is not showing the presence indicators correctly.

     

    In short. If you experience this and you use security groups as you contacts list.

    1. Select all the users in the distribution group

    2. Add them to your communicator contacts

    3. Remove the group contact and that solves the sharepoint presence issue.

     

    James

    Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:35 PM