Chaging Build configuration and frame work of .net Web sites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have two web sites. I need to migrate them to 64 bit configuration ( or Any CPU configuration). This is fairy simple in case of projects( web applications) . But is there similar ways to change the properties of a web project? I could not see these details in the properties page as well.

Is there a way to know the frame work and build configurations for Websites?

Thanks

Nithin

• Moved by Damon Bu - MSFT Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:06 AM It is a thread about ASP.NET
    • Moved by Pete LakerMVP Thursday, August 22, 2013 4:00 PM Maybe someone in Setup & Servicing can help
    • Moved by Samson Sun - MSFT Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:23 AM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:40 AM

Answers

• Hi Nithin,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to your description, you have a trouble with Changing Build configuration and frame work of .net Web sites.

This forum is to discuss problems of .NET Framework Class Library. Your question is not related to the topic of this forum.

Per my understanding, the issue is related to the ASP.NET forum. You'll need to post it in the dedicated ASP.Net Forum http://forums.asp.net for more efficient responses, where you can contact ASP.NET experts.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Have a nice day!

Damon

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Proposed as answer by pvdg42 Thursday, August 22, 2013 11:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, September 27, 2013 3:55 PM
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:05 AM

All replies

• Hi

I was able to configure this in the solution configuration manager.

But the actual problem still remains. The application has two class projects along with the websites. All two of them are set to compile for Any CPU and the Web site under configuration .Net.

While deploying this on a 64 bit environment it throws

is not a valid Win32 application. Exception. We have a 64 bit oracle whch could only connect to 64 bit application. Even though the configuration in the visual studio says that we are publishing for any CPU, the connection fails to establish.

Could you guys help me out here

Thanks

Nithin

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:08 PM
  • Hi Nithin,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to your description, you have a trouble with Changing Build configuration and frame work of .net Web sites.

This forum is to discuss problems of .NET Framework Class Library. Your question is not related to the topic of this forum.

Per my understanding, the issue is related to the ASP.NET forum. You'll need to post it in the dedicated ASP.Net Forum http://forums.asp.net for more efficient responses, where you can contact ASP.NET experts.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Have a nice day!

Damon

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Proposed as answer by pvdg42 Thursday, August 22, 2013 11:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, September 27, 2013 3:55 PM
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:05 AM
  • Hi XAML guy,

It seems cusomter's issue is related to ASP.NET setup forum

http://forums.asp.net/17.aspx/1?Installation+and+Setup

From the following exception it is also more related to a setting problem:

"Exception. We have a 64 bit oracle whch could only connect to 64 bit application. Even though the configuration in the visual studio says that we are publishing for any CPU, the connection fails to establish"

If he tried to build a simple project from VS I think it will be ok without any problem.

I don't think move to Visual Studio Setup fourm is the right choice.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Friday, August 23, 2013 5:49 AM