Remote Access not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.  I've been using Live Mesh for a while and have run into this problem a few times.  I primarily use it for Remote Access to my work machine when at home (and vice versa).  This works fine for a few months, then suddenly all of the devices on my network show the exclamation mark with the text "Live Mesh Remote Desktop is not available" even though they are all online.  This even shows for the computer I am working at.  I've gone through the steps below to no success.  In the past, it all of a sudden clears one day as unexpected as it came on (ie. without me doing anything different with my systems) - this has varied from weeks to months.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling on all machines as well.  Currently I am using Win7RC1 at home and XP at work (and various other forms on other machines - XP in Virtual Box, Win7 in Virtual Box, and OSX) but it has also happened in the past when it was just XP at home and work.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lennox

Issue : One or more of the devices in your mesh is showing as unavailable for remote access .
    Workaround : Follow the steps below to fix the Live Mesh Remote Desktop issue.

1. Right-click on the notifier icon in the notification area of the taskbar and select Exit .

2. Open the Start menu and select All Programs .

3. Click Live Mesh .

4. Restart your computer (or open the Command Prompt and type 'net stop wlcrasvc & net start wlcrasvc').

5. If this does not work, try deleting the following file from your device and restart the machine again:

On Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\production\ppcrlconfig.dll

On Windows Vista:
                 C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\production\ppcrlconfig.dll

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 8:04 AM

Answers

• Since it seems to happen to all your PCs *and* it doesn't resolve itself through any action by you, but all of a sudden, I wonder if it is a network or server issue.
    Please submit a bug report with logs from the machines in you Mesh:

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

Note that you probably won't get a response to the bug report, though. It will be transferred to the internal system to be assigned to the appropriate development group.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 11:33 AM