none
70-640 Self-Study RRS feed

• Question

• Hi people,

I am currently looking to start my studies for the 70-640 exam, however, I'm very confused as to which book I should purchase! I've whittled it down to two, either, the official Microsoft study guide or the Sybex study guide. I was just about to purchase the Sybex book when I realised that it may not cover the R2 update as it was published before the release of eventual update!

Any suggestions? 

Thanks

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 11:55 AM

Answers

• The 2nd revision to the MS Press book includes the needed R2 information.  You also might want to look at some CBT training from either CBT Nuggets, Trainsignal or TestOut to help supplement your reading.  These also include the needed R2 information.
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:16 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• The 2nd revision to the MS Press book includes the needed R2 information.  You also might want to look at some CBT training from either CBT Nuggets, Trainsignal or TestOut to help supplement your reading.  These also include the needed R2 information.
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:16 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Matt,

The Microsoft Press 70-640 text is reasonably good, but you will still need to supplement it with other materials, as suggested by Charles Putnam above. The book alone is not sufficient to enable you to pass the exam, unless you've had years of experience with Windows Server 2008 Active Directory.

Additionally, I would suggest you make use of the resources available on TechNet, as well as purchase a good practice test from either SelfTest Software or MeasureUp, and some CBT training if needed.

Finally, I would suggest an alternative to the MS Press Training Kit. Many people seem to like this book, and I prefer its organization, its quizzes, and its easy-to-read format. The book is MCTS 70-640 Cert Guide: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring by Don Poulton who wrote the popular MCTS 70-680 Cert Guide.

I wish you every success on your exam.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:51 PM
  • Mspress,,just visit this link Mr. Matt

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/training/windowsserver.aspx

It is free and reliable source.

Just give feedback if it is helpful to you.

THnaks

Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:06 PM