CRM 2016: Entity>Subgrid - Need to be Read Only how can this be done? RRS feed

• Question

• Within CRM have the "Account" table

I Also have a new table "Entity" I created for "Training" in this entity I have a lookup to the "accounts" table so I can reference the account name for the training.

On the Account Entity I want to make the "Training" list available on account record but I only want it to be in a "Read Only" state.

- I added into the Account form a Subgrid linked to the "Training account"...

My Training List now appears on the Account Record for each client.  BUT with this subgrid list it gives the "Delete" button option which if that was selected would in turn delete the entire Training Record, which is what I don't want..  I just want the "Training" subgrid to be a Reference only List - so they can see all up and coming training or past training that has been done for that Account.

I have this same issue with other subgrids as I want them only on the entity I have them on for Reference only...

Is making them Read Only Possible, or some how remove the "Delete" option.

Monday, March 13, 2017 5:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Robin,

You can manage this requirement via the security roles. Just remove the the delete privilege from the users so delete option will not appear. Similarly if you give read privilege only for the Training entity your subgrid will become a reference list. You can't make the subgrid read only for a user while he/she has privileges to edit, add or delete Training records in a supported way.

Thanks

Sachith Chandrasiri

• Marked as answer by RobinRK Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:06 PM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 6:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Robin,

You can manage this requirement via the security roles. Just remove the the delete privilege from the users so delete option will not appear. Similarly if you give read privilege only for the Training entity your subgrid will become a reference list. You can't make the subgrid read only for a user while he/she has privileges to edit, add or delete Training records in a supported way.

Thanks

Sachith Chandrasiri

• Marked as answer by RobinRK Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:06 PM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 6:42 PM
  • I appreciate your time to respond, I will look and make updates to user roles. 
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:10 PM
  • Ok Question with that - Even if the person has "Delete" privilege, is there a way to make the option be a "Remove" instead of "Delete"?

I'm even running into this and I have sys.admin, 

I have a subgrid where I have selected multiple locations to add to my record, but I selected 1 location by mistake, it don't give the ability to remove that one location it only gives delete and if I delete it, it deletes the location record. 

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:43 PM