Evaluation Period RRS feed

• Question

• The Console states my evaluation period ends on 4/10/09, but ever since 2/10/09 I have been receiving a pop up stating the software has expired, and then it reboots 1 hour later. This happens every two hours. Is this correct or is there a problem with it? I checked the BIOS and my date and everything is still correct.
    Help!
    Thank you for the help
    Lonesome Wolf 
    Monday, February 16, 2009 11:56 PM

Answers

• Lonesome Wolf said:

The Console states my evaluation period ends on 4/10/09, but ever since 2/10/09 I have been receiving a pop up stating the software has expired, and then it reboots 1 hour later. This happens every two hours. Is this correct or is there a problem with it? I checked the BIOS and my date and everything is still correct.
    Help!
    Thank you for the help
    Lonesome Wolf 

It's correct.  The eval is only for 120 days, but the Console shows 180 days from install (a bug in the time-bomb built into the eval).
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 12:05 AM
  • Thank you, and now I have to wait until someone gets the software in stock here in Canada.

Thank you for your help.
    • Marked as answer by Lonesome Wolf Tuesday, February 17, 2009 12:26 AM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 12:26 AM
  • Lonesome Wolf said:

Thank you, and now I have to wait until someone gets the software in stock here in Canada.

Thank you for your help.

You could do a Server Reinstallation and just not activate it.  It will run for 30 days without activation (which should be enough time for you to find an OEM license).
    • Marked as answer by Lonesome Wolf Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:51 PM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 12:53 AM

All replies

• Lonesome Wolf said:

The Console states my evaluation period ends on 4/10/09, but ever since 2/10/09 I have been receiving a pop up stating the software has expired, and then it reboots 1 hour later. This happens every two hours. Is this correct or is there a problem with it? I checked the BIOS and my date and everything is still correct.
    Help!
    Thank you for the help
    Lonesome Wolf 

It's correct.  The eval is only for 120 days, but the Console shows 180 days from install (a bug in the time-bomb built into the eval).
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 12:05 AM
  • Thank you, and now I have to wait until someone gets the software in stock here in Canada.

Thank you for your help.
    • Marked as answer by Lonesome Wolf Tuesday, February 17, 2009 12:26 AM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 12:26 AM
  • Lonesome Wolf said:

Thank you, and now I have to wait until someone gets the software in stock here in Canada.

Thank you for your help.

You could do a Server Reinstallation and just not activate it.  It will run for 30 days without activation (which should be enough time for you to find an OEM license).
    • Marked as answer by Lonesome Wolf Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:51 PM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 12:53 AM