Secondary PC Will Not Update at Hub PC RRS feed

• Question

• My other computer had some issues that I fixed over a month ago, yet it still shows up as "red" and says these issues are there when they are not. Why will not my hub PC update the status? It is annoying for it to be always "red" when both PCs are fine.

Everything is working correctly and both computers are on my router/gateway with internet access(wired).

Saturday, June 7, 2008 4:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Try this so we can refresh your onecare circle try to add/remove the Computer thats on red...

:

Remove a computer from your circle
    1. Open Windows Live OneCare.
    2. Click Manage your OneCare circle. Or, if you have a OneCare circle set up, click the OneCare circle.
    3. For the computer that you want to remove, click the drop-down arrow next to Details.
    4. Click Remove this PC, and then click Yes, remove this PC.

Note If you remove a computer from your circle, it will no longer appear on the list of computers on your hub computer. Computers that are removed from the circle will no longer be subscribed to OneCare and will show a Red Status warning. To subscribe a computer that has been removed from the circle and subscription, you must use the same Windows Live ID that was used during the initial activation of OneCare.

Add a computer to your circle
    1. Open Windows Live OneCare.
    2. Click Manage your OneCare circle. Or, if you have a OneCare circle set up, click the OneCare circle.
    3. Click Add a PC.
    4. Follow the steps in the wizard.
    Note To replace one of the computers in your circle with a different computer, you must first remove the appropriate computer from your circle, and then add the other computer to the circle.

Source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943920

Saturday, June 7, 2008 4:59 PM
  • It gives me an error and will not remove it.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 5:33 PM
  • Consider reinstalling OneCare on the affected PC and/or the hub PC, but make sure that you know the LiveID for your subscription before doing so.

Alternatively, contact OneCare support for help:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 9:45 PM