Sysprep without restarts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In short, my question is, can I prevent the computer from restarting after deploying an image I have run sysprep with an unattend file on?

A bit of background:
    I have a student lab where it is a requirement that multiple operating systems be used and, given the nature of the teaching(networking units), the teaching staff do not want to use virtual machines to achieve this. The students also require admin/root access to each operating system in the lab and as such,  a method to restore machines to a standard state very quickly is required.

What i have done is put 2 hard drives in each machine. One to contain a source images and, a small bootable environment to deploy them to the secondary drive. I also have a PXE server which is used to deploy this environment and the images to the machines (for updates and, in case a student  breaks the environment).

With this setup in place, I have a bootloader which displays 2 options "Deployment Environment" and "Operating System". Operating system goes to the second hard drive where images have been deployed to from the deployment environment.

Basically having a restart after during the first boot after having run sysprep on my source image is confusing from a user standpoint and i'm looking to avoid this reboot

Thanks.

Friday, April 19, 2013 2:43 AM

Answers

All replies