Home and Business : Reimbursed Expenses RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to add Reimburable expenses to your Tax Invoices if you havent actually paid or entered them into your accounts.

I purchase items on behalf of customers but dont pay for them immediately, howver the customer pays for them on my tax invoice at time of sale.

I add them as a scheduled bill payment but unless I actually pay for them ( entering them in an account ) they dont show up as a reimbursable item on my list to add to my tax invoice.

Is there a workaround, or am I missing something.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 5:39 AM

All replies

• Thanks for your reply , I thought as much , BUT on another forum I was told to create an "accounts payable" liability account where I can enter the expenses that I want to reimburse, then they appear on the reimbursable list , and when I pay them I just cut and paste to the account and change the date of payment. So I am trying this and see if it works.

Once again thanks for your help.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:53 PM
  • I prefer simply entering the invoice items in the Products & Services database instead and then selecting the appropriate items when creating the invoice.  Much easier!! But this is because there isn't much variety - I noticed you stated "I purchase items on behalf of customers but dont pay for them immediately" which implies many unique items...
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 3:23 AM