ServerSyncProvider ApplyChanges question on SyncContext RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

During ApplyChanges on service side how do I create a SyncContext object that tells the client about failed and accepted changes? When creating just a SyncContext object and sending it back all changes are viewed as successfully applied. I know this because in subsequent sync the record is not sent back. I would like to know about it when the sync is over through the syncstat object, how do i do this?

Thanks,

Sarav

• Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 5:48 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Sarav,

The SyncContext object should be returned from the IIS web service to the client proxy. This is wrapped in our serverSyncProxy class. If you need this object for some purpose, you can write your own server proxy class which implements the ApplyChanges() method.

Liam
    Program Manager, Data Replication and Synchronization - http://msdn.microsoft.com/sync/
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 9:52 PM
  • I understand that the SyncContext object needs to be returned, this is what i am currently doing. But, how do I configure the SyncContext object to let the client know that there are certain changes that were accepted where as there were other rejected or modified?

I my current scenario when I return the SyncContext object the client views all of the changes it passed to the ApplyChange method as applied w/o me having to specify to the SyncContext object.

Also, the SyncStat object returned by the SyncAgent does not show how many changes were successfully uploaded. I am thinking that there is something in the configuration of the synccontext object that I am sending back is not getting correctly configured by me.

-Sarav
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 9:25 PM