Norton 360 on Vista SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• I have Norton 360 installed (version 2.1.0.5 which should be current) and with Vista SP1, WHS now reports that I have no antivirus or spyware, and my firewall is turned off.  This did not happen before I installed SP1.

Is anybody else seeing this?

Thanks,

.../Ed

Friday, March 21, 2008 1:59 AM

Answers

•  Ed Wilts wrote:

Thanks,

.../Ed

No problem with AVAST and SP1 upgrades.  You may need to reinstall Norton.

Friday, March 21, 2008 4:43 AM
  • I've got two pc's with vista sp1.  One with McAfee and one with AVG.  They both show up fine and up to date in console.
    Friday, March 21, 2008 11:45 AM
  • I believe you just need to update Norton.  I remember back in the Beta 2 days this was reported.  Norton didn't know how to communicate to your WIndows Vista computer.

Friday, March 21, 2008 10:36 PM
  • It turned out I didn't need to do anything.  A day or two after I reported this - and I shut down my Vista system every night - the problem cleared itself up and WHS is reporting the status correctly.   Norton 360 always said it was protecting my computer - whether it was right and WHS reporting it incorrectly or the other way around we'll never know.

Thanks,

.../Ed

Sunday, March 23, 2008 1:17 PM

All replies

•  Ed Wilts wrote:

Thanks,

.../Ed

No problem with AVAST and SP1 upgrades.  You may need to reinstall Norton.

Friday, March 21, 2008 4:43 AM
  • I've got two pc's with vista sp1.  One with McAfee and one with AVG.  They both show up fine and up to date in console.
    Friday, March 21, 2008 11:45 AM
  • I believe you just need to update Norton.  I remember back in the Beta 2 days this was reported.  Norton didn't know how to communicate to your WIndows Vista computer.

Friday, March 21, 2008 10:36 PM
  • It turned out I didn't need to do anything.  A day or two after I reported this - and I shut down my Vista system every night - the problem cleared itself up and WHS is reporting the status correctly.   Norton 360 always said it was protecting my computer - whether it was right and WHS reporting it incorrectly or the other way around we'll never know.

Thanks,

.../Ed

Sunday, March 23, 2008 1:17 PM
  • I just installed a new latop with Vista Ultimate SP1 64 bit and installed Norton 360 2.0 (all updated). I have WHS with Power Pack 1. I don't get any warning messages on the laptop my onother PC (also running Vista Ultimate 64 bit) I get the warning that windows firewall is turned off on the laptop...

Monday, August 11, 2008 9:11 PM