Installation Problem concerning Visual C++ RRS feed

• Question

• When i try to install ICE on my laptop (Win8.1, 64-bit) I get an error message saying: Please install Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package. I did so and can see that Visual C++ 2013  12.0.21005 properly installed in the control panel. But I still get the same message. The same problem occurs on my other PC (Win7, 64-bit). There is at least one unanswered question concerning the same issue. 

Monday, May 4, 2015 11:04 AM

All replies

• Obvious question but did you pick the correct version?

You get the option to download three different versions of the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package:
    ARM
    x64
    x86

Make sure you pick the right one for your platforms (x64)
    If you did pick the correct version; no idea, it's working fine for me. (had ICE version 1.4, got the update prompt, downloaded the new version, got the prompt to install the 2013 Redistributable, did so and reran the update; new version installed and working).

All that said, I think it's pretty lame the end user has to download the Redistributable Package manually instead of the ICE installer doing this by itself...

Monday, May 4, 2015 8:05 PM
  • Hi Macguyver, you´re right. I was confused about the correct version. thank you for the clue! Hans from germany
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 10:49 AM
  • I've tried to download this version and still get the same dialog. I have installed the correct version and it makes no difference.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 9:42 PM
  • Obvious question but did you pick the correct version?

You get the option to download three different versions of the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package:
    ARM
    x64
    x86

Make sure you pick the right one for your platforms (x64)
    If you did pick the correct version; no idea, it's working fine for me. (had ICE version 1.4, got the update prompt, downloaded the new version, got the prompt to install the 2013 Redistributable, did so and reran the update; new version installed and working).

All that said, I think it's pretty lame the end user has to download the Redistributable Package manually instead of the ICE installer doing this by itself...

I am having the same problem with windows 10? it is very frustrating
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 12:41 PM
  • I uninstalled any visual C++ from my computer, tried to  load ICE 2.0.3 again, loaded the C++ when ask thin tried again and got the same message? Is there a possibility that some other program on my computer is conflicting?
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 1:54 PM
  • SSAAA2002 and Edgar, I hate to redundantly ask what MacGuyver already did, but can you please confirm for me that you: 

1. Have a computer with a 64-bit processor
    2. Have a 64-bit version of Windows installed
    3. installed the 64-bit version of Visual C++ 2013
    4. are installing the 64-bit version of ICE 2.0.3

I know that for anyone with much computer experience I'm stating the obvious, but if you're installing the 32-bit version of ICE 2.0.3, you'll need to install the 32-bit(x86) version of Visual C++ 2013.

Also, since Visual C++ 2013 is the version of the Visual C++ runtime which was used to author ICE 2.x (in the same way that Visual C++ 2008/2010 was the version used to write ICE 1.x) you must be sure to install the correct version of the Visual C++ runtime in order for your desired versio of ICE to run.

I know that everyone in this discussion is doing their best to follow instructions. 
    I just don't know what each person's level of computer knowledge is and am trying to make it crystal clear for absolutely anyone else who might be having this problem and is reading this discussion.

If you have any more trouble with the runtime installing, you could always:

1. right click on the runtime installer file in your downloads folder
    2. click Properties
    3. go to the Compatibility tab
    4. check the Compatibility mode checkbox
    5. select Windows 8 or Windows 7 and click [   OK   ] to save your settings
    6. retry the Visual C++ 2013 installer

If any installer for any Windows application was written for an older version of Windows and it isn't automatically installing on the newer version of Windows, always try running the installer (and sometimes the installed program after the installer completes) in Compatibility mode and it will usually solve the problem.

I hope we can get you guys up and running soon.
    Your fellow panner, 
    N

Sunday, March 13, 2016 9:57 PM