Is it possible for single User(company Management administrator) to have multiple user login accounts RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible for single User(company Management administrator) to control multiple user accounts like sales, Support etc.

Like suppose I login to a computer with company Management administrator account and then I can assign different activities from sales, Support etc to diferent employees in the company. In this way single user in a company can assign support and sales etc jobs to employees in the account.

Another example is that In outlook you can opened mailbox of different user and same person can send email on behalf of other emloyees..

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 7:23 PM

Answers

• What you want to able to do is perfectly possible within CRM. All that user needs is to have organization level privileges for read, assign, append and appendto for the relevant entities

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 10:53 PM

All replies

• What you want to able to do is perfectly possible within CRM. All that user needs is to have organization level privileges for read, assign, append and appendto for the relevant entities

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 10:53 PM
  • Thanks for the help.

The user say X1 who need to control the company different accounts has different mailbox open like:

Sales

Support

X1 own account.

X1 is owner for Sales and Support accounts.

I created the customised role for this X1 user who has privileges as explained by you.

But when X1 is working on support email and click on Track in CRM button then it gives an error:

Only items in the default Micorosoft Outlook store can be promoted to Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

How to fix this.

The X1 user need to assigned support and sales emails to different support/sales guys.

Thx
    Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:19 PM
  • Yes, you can define roles like sales manager, marketing manager, support manager and assign that roles to one user.

For more see chapter, roles and users in implementation guide.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Friday, March 14, 2008 12:16 PM