Dashboard CRM 2011: Record is unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have imported managed solution in different organisation. I am not able to see custom Dashboard getting "Record is unavailable" error. 

Please provide your comments/solution for this. 

Regard

-Anand

Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:19 AM

Answers

• Got the solution. Some different behaviour of CRM.

Issue was related to Label Name of Dashboard. Changed Dashboard name form "Sample: Default" to "Sample Default" and it is working good.

Thanks everyone for your reply.

Regards,

-Anand

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:23 PM

All replies

• There is a simialr thread here, see if it helps http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/crm/thread/3f62316e-20c9-4f2c-a721-fd5d33c5bb61

Try turning tracing on and see if you get better detail.

MS CRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Dynamics XRM Tools CRM 4 to CRM 2011 JavaScript Converter Tool
    CRM 2011 OData Query Designer
    CRM 2011 Metadata Browser
    CRM Forum Guidance

Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:38 PM
  • Hi RhettClinton,

Thank you for your reply. I already went through above link but it doesn't resolve my problem. Do you have any idea.

-Anand

Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:35 PM
  • Where exactly do you see "Record is unavailable"?

Do you see the dashboard in the list of dashboards? Can you click on it? Does it display but not include all the components?

Have you definitely included all the components needed in you solution?

Hope this helps. Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011

Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:48 PM
  • I can see error in Workplace-Dashboard homepage. Yes I can see list of dashboards. Only I am not able to edit as we have not allowed customization.

Regards

-Anand

Friday, January 11, 2013 11:42 AM
  • So you can see the list of dashboards.

Do they all give an error when you click on any of them, or just your new custom one?

Have you tried reimporting and republishing your solution?

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    Blog: Getting IT Right

Friday, January 11, 2013 4:39 PM
  • Can you please confirm if the components(for eg. view/charts) in dashboard are imported correctly and you have privileges on the entity/view.

Thanks

Sonal.

Monday, January 14, 2013 7:11 AM
  • Adam- yes I am getting error only for custom Dashboard not for others also I tried with reimporting and republishing.

Sonal- yes I imported correctly.

Process information: 
        Process ID: ****
        Process name: w3wp.exe 
        Account name:*****

Exception information: 
        Exception type: CrmException 
        Exception message: Label does not exist.  LanguageCode: 1033; objectId: 229d5b2e-ea41-e211-80d3-005056af005a; objectColumnName: name
       at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.LabelCache.LookupEntry(Int32 languageCode, Guid objectId, String objectColumnName, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.FormDescriptor.RetrieveLabel(Int32 languageCode, Guid objectId, String objectColumnName)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.FormDescriptor.get_Name()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.UnboundDashboardForm.Execute(Guid dashboardId, DashboardType type)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Dashboard.ConfigurePage()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.PageManager.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Monday, January 14, 2013 2:14 PM
  • Got the solution. Some different behaviour of CRM.

Issue was related to Label Name of Dashboard. Changed Dashboard name form "Sample: Default" to "Sample Default" and it is working good.

Thanks everyone for your reply.

Regards,

-Anand

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:23 PM