I cannot activate after paying for live one care service RRS feed

• Question

• I already have installed live one care. I have had it for a year and it has expired. I have paid for the live one care service for another year and don't need to reinstall so the directions instructed me to open live one care and click activate. I do not have a place to click activate. I just have an "Urgent" message and a button to renew. I tried that and got the 2002 error. So I went online to pay for the service and now I am stuck in this loop of not being able to activate or renew. I don't think it should be this hard to give a company money for aand then receive a service.

Saturday, February 16, 2008 10:27 PM

Answers

•  mpuryear wrote:

I already have installed live one care. I have had it for a year and it has expired. I have paid for the live one care service for another year and don't need to reinstall so the directions instructed me to open live one care and click activate. I do not have a place to click activate. I just have an "Urgent" message and a button to renew. I tried that and got the 2002 error. So I went online to pay for the service and now I am stuck in this loop of not being able to activate or renew. I don't think it should be this hard to give a company money for aand then receive a service.

If you already renewed at the Billing site, you should be able to update the status of your subscription in OneCare by clicking "Check for Updates" - however, it may take up to 24 hours after renewal online for the status to be available to OneCare on the PC to receive.

Verify your subscription status at http://billing.microsoft.com

If it does not update on the PC to reflect your active status 24 hours after renewing online, either contact support for help or consider reinstalling OneCare. However, note that reinstalling will cause all settings in OneCare to be lost.

-steve

Sunday, February 17, 2008 6:22 PM

All replies

• I am having the exact same issue. Is there someone out there who can help?

Sunday, February 17, 2008 3:26 PM
  • Make sure when your browser opens to the billing site you are logged in with the ID that is shown in Help -> About in OneCare. If not, try signing out of LiveID in your browser, then clicking the Renew button in OneCare and trying again.

You could also try going straight to http://billing.microsoft.com/ and logging in, then choosing "Windows Live OneCare" then "Renew this service".

Otherwise try contacting support - this FAQ explains how: http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2
    Sunday, February 17, 2008 3:59 PM
  •  mpuryear wrote:

I already have installed live one care. I have had it for a year and it has expired. I have paid for the live one care service for another year and don't need to reinstall so the directions instructed me to open live one care and click activate. I do not have a place to click activate. I just have an "Urgent" message and a button to renew. I tried that and got the 2002 error. So I went online to pay for the service and now I am stuck in this loop of not being able to activate or renew. I don't think it should be this hard to give a company money for aand then receive a service.

If you already renewed at the Billing site, you should be able to update the status of your subscription in OneCare by clicking "Check for Updates" - however, it may take up to 24 hours after renewal online for the status to be available to OneCare on the PC to receive.

Verify your subscription status at http://billing.microsoft.com

If it does not update on the PC to reflect your active status 24 hours after renewing online, either contact support for help or consider reinstalling OneCare. However, note that reinstalling will cause all settings in OneCare to be lost.

-steve

Sunday, February 17, 2008 6:22 PM
  •  

OK, so how do or where do I go to activate it. I paid online and am livid that my anti virus is out of date and I paid for the service. All I need to know is how do you acitvate it, I did not get an activation screen that popped up telling me what to do. This is the worst activation process I have ever encountered. Is there a telephone number where you can call someone and actually speak with a person, I can not handle this anymore.
    Sunday, May 18, 2008 2:27 PM
  •  MichelleG wrote:

OK, so how do or where do I go to activate it. I paid online and am livid that my anti virus is out of date and I paid for the service. All I need to know is how do you acitvate it, I did not get an activation screen that popped up telling me what to do. This is the worst activation process I have ever encountered. Is there a telephone number where you can call someone and actually speak with a person, I can not handle this anymore.

MichelleG,

If I understand your post correctly, OneCare is installed, but reporting that it is expired, yet you have paid for it.

Further, you mention that the antivirus is out of date. Is this being reported by OneCare?

The first thing you need to check is the date and time on your PC, which I suspect may be the core of the problem. If it is incorrect, as I suspect, fix that and reboot the PC. OneCare should now have a subscribe link in it (assuming that you reinstalled to address the virus signature update problem) and you can activate with the LiveID for your original subscription.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, May 19, 2008 1:35 PM