Website Management RRS feed

• Question

• When I use Website Management to create a new site I am only given the option of making it public -- the make private is "greyed out" (cannot select).

Is this a fault with my system/settings or is it standard in RC1?

I have no problems with creating and viewing Public sites but I want to make one Private.

Thursday, August 23, 2007 11:15 AM

Answers

• That is part of the functionality of Whiist v0.60 - it says on the features list of this version that it does not support private pages.

Andrew Grant has recently released (in the last day or so) a new version (0.7.4) that has the private website functionality that was "greyed out" in v0.60. You'll need this newer version to make a page private. You can get it from this site. I've tried this version and it works well.

Hopefully this helps,

Davo

Thursday, August 23, 2007 11:33 AM

All replies

• That is part of the functionality of Whiist v0.60 - it says on the features list of this version that it does not support private pages.

Andrew Grant has recently released (in the last day or so) a new version (0.7.4) that has the private website functionality that was "greyed out" in v0.60. You'll need this newer version to make a page private. You can get it from this site. I've tried this version and it works well.

Hopefully this helps,

Davo

Thursday, August 23, 2007 11:33 AM
  • (moved to the Developers forum because it's a better place for discussion of an add-in)
    Thursday, August 23, 2007 12:01 PM
  • Many thanks Dave. I forgot about not allowing Private pages & also did not spot the new version yesterday.

V 0.74 working fine great Addin

Ray

Thursday, August 23, 2007 12:30 PM
  • Great, glad it's working for you both!

You may want to check back in a day or so when I'll be posting the version I'm submitting for the code2fame challenge. There was a major feature (photo albums) that I didn't think I'd have time to finish but I managed to get done after some graveyard coding sessions Smile

Andrew
    Thursday, August 23, 2007 4:28 PM
  • Andrew,

Thanks for the update to a great Add-in.  I did have to uninstall the old version and then install the new version to get the new functions to work.  I was toying with the idea of buying the HP Homeserver because of the custom add-ins they have created such as the photo library but with your add-in and your future release with the photo album creator I think I will just keep my homegrown closet server.  Good luck with the code2fame challenge!!!!!
    Thursday, August 23, 2007 10:01 PM
  • Thanks Trowhil.

For those interested the version of Whiist I'll be submitting for Code2Fame is here;

http://cid-e5e429fe50cc8bf9.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/whiist_pre2.msi

As well as the security options it now offers the ability to create quick photo albums and some other niceness.

A.

Thursday, August 23, 2007 11:46 PM
  • Oooooh, pre2.msi version. I was using pre1.msi yerterday. I'm on it!

Update:
    Nice version, Andrew!  Nice interface that walks you through the set up and it works very smoothly too.  
    I'll play with the public/private site part later. Glad to see you were able to work that big upgrade in.
    I feel that your add in is probably one of the most widely used. It appeals to the masses of WHS.

Good luck man! You have my vote!

Friday, August 24, 2007 12:05 AM
  • Just a quick note to say that the new version(s) work with no problem in RTM.

The private page is great (used it to create a photo album, but not using the wizard in 0.7.5 as I already had it set-up using the instructions you made).

Good luck in the Code2Fame challange Andrew, & thanks for a great add-in

Davo

Friday, August 24, 2007 1:20 AM
  •  Andrew Grant wrote:

For those interested the version of Whiist I'll be submitting for Code2Fame is here;

http://cid-e5e429fe50cc8bf9.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/whiist_pre2.msi

As well as the security options it now offers the ability to create quick photo albums and some other niceness.

A.

Andrew, one little thing about this version is that when creating the simple photo album, there is no provision to create the description to appear on the web site. You can go back and change it by modifying it's properties later, but not when first setting it up.

Sunday, August 26, 2007 2:12 PM
  • Andrew,

Brilliant add-in. Good Luck with the Code2Fame challenge, you have my vote. J

I have found two small bugs in v0.7.5.

I created a photo website as normal. Changed Link property to “My Private Homepage” and it worked beautifully and moved link from main page to inside login “Homepage” under “Websites” section.

Bug 1 – When clicked on link it still ask for login. (Not sure this is a bug or security feature)

Bug 2 – When clicked, it opens up new webpage with photos. When finished browsing photos, clicked back button on IE and it took me back to previous page. Now “Log off” button does not work.

Sunday, August 26, 2007 4:06 PM