Please suggest me how to achieve the requirement RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

Requirement:

Once opportunity saved I am associating the payment entity to contact. So from then onwards the system should monitor the payment schedule. So Whenever payment record crosses expected due date then I need to show number of days exceeded and highlight the record in the contact form.

Thanks for your support in advance.

Thanks,
    Sreenath

Friday, November 29, 2013 12:39 PM

All replies

• You can use CRM Workflow\Batch job to achieve this requirement.

CRM Workflow : 
    - Configure the workflow on the Payment record creation or on the Payment.Contact lookup field change to be more precise.
    - Use recursive workflow along with wait-until\timeout to validate whether the expected payment due date is exceeded. (set the next worklfow trigger date on this step).
    - Update the contact record. Use Increment by workflow operator to set the days exceeded value. 

Batch:
    - Create a batch that queries all payment record associated with contact for which the expected payment due date is exceeded.
    - Update the contact record to set the days exceeded value.
    - Configure the batch to run every day on a defined time.

Highlighting the contact record in contact grid is not possible in a supported way. You can either create a separate contact view to show records that exceeded payment due date.

Friday, November 29, 2013 1:58 PM
  • Hi VinothBalasubramanian,

Thanks, I am using your first approach "CRM Workflow". I created workflow.
    1. Over due days attribute is there in Payment entity itself. So I am updating that attribute in the following way. Is it correct.

I put default value "0" and selected Incremented By. Please let me know is it correct.

Thanks,
    Sreenath

Friday, November 29, 2013 2:31 PM