Mini Tower Case Recommendations RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone

At the moment I have my WHS server sitting on my desktop in an Antec NSK1300 Cube Case. Great case, its quiet, however a little too small for expanding extra disks etc......... it also runs a bit hot too.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a good mini/Micro Tower MATX case with a similar desktop footprint to the Antec, but is taller so I can accommodate more disks?

Must also come with PSU, be quiet as it sits in a bedroom, and also be available to buy in the UK.

Thanks in advance

Ceri

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 8:13 AM

All replies

• Lian-Li PC-G50B (£50 from ccl) or something smaller like the SilverStone Temjin TJ08 may suit.

Personally I'm waiting for DTX format boards and cases to become readily available before making  a decision on a new board/case.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:34 AM
  • Thanks for the tips, I'll take a look!

Regards

Ceri

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 11:06 AM
  • I'm using the Ultra Micro Fly case with very good results. You can get it for $89.99 with a 400W power supply (often you can find it for less on sale or after rebate).

It has room for 5 internal drives (if you used both 5.25 drive bays for hard disks). It is very similar to the Aspire XQPack except that it is about 1 inch deeper so that it has room for a regular ATX power supply. It has GREAT thermal characteristics with an airflow path that keeps air moving over all of the drives and over the CPU very well.

For a relatively small case for WHS with good space for drives, I don't think it can be beat.

Ted

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 3:57 PM