cannot register pluging using solution RRS feed

• Question

• i have issues running pluginregistration tool on one of the dev server. so i should be able to create a solution and import my plugin dll?

i don't see this option when creating a solution. only option i am getting is to add existing plugins.

some advice on how to register my plugin dll without using the pluginregtool in crm would be appreciated

Friday, August 19, 2011 11:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes for the first time you have to register the plugin via a registraiton tool and then can include it in the solution, so while importing solution in the target system the plugin will be automatically registered in the target system.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

• Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Friday, August 19, 2011 12:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by ginger_1921 Friday, August 19, 2011 2:14 PM
    Friday, August 19, 2011 12:00 PM
  • There is no functionality built in the CRM application to register plugins, you need to build your own utility or use the plugin registration tool. What issues are you facing with the plugin registration tool? Perhaps we can help

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Friday, August 19, 2011 12:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes for the first time you have to register the plugin via a registraiton tool and then can include it in the solution, so while importing solution in the target system the plugin will be automatically registered in the target system.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

• Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Friday, August 19, 2011 12:01 PM
    Friday, August 19, 2011 12:00 PM
  • There is no functionality built in the CRM application to register plugins, you need to build your own utility or use the plugin registration tool. What issues are you facing with the plugin registration tool? Perhaps we can help

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Friday, August 19, 2011 12:26 PM
  • the isue occured after our engineer installed IFD

so now i keep getting authorisation issue

i am deployment admin user and the IFD discovery web service domain is like this: uat.devmedia.com

in the plugin reg tool the discovery add is https://uat.devmedia.com and my user name is like dev\devmedia

which gives user authentication error. if i change the user name like dev@devmedia i get

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party. See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail.

any dieas?

Friday, August 19, 2011 12:29 PM
  • hey,

one of our technicians sorted it out. some configuration issues when setting up IFD. but all good now.

thanks guys

Friday, August 19, 2011 2:13 PM