Unfair Quiz - Microsoft Announcement RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys, the admin has posted an announcement stating that it was unfair to reveal the questions and answers before the 20th midnight deadline. All participants indulging in this action will be disqualified.

I thought we all waited till Monday to give the answers right?

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 7:11 AM

Answers

• Here is the announcement by the admins, if you guys are lazy to see them.

Unfair practices in Quiz

Hi,

We have noticed that the questions of the Quiz were posted on the forums on Sunday, 20.05.07 prior to closure of the Quiz. It is very unfortunate and unhealthy spirit of participation. The contest site is primarily to create a platform to share and spread knowledge but some participants are only participating to win. We will verify and disqualify those who have posted questions on the forum for help and disclosing the questions prior to closure of Quiz competition on 20.05.07 midnight.

We request all of you not to adopt such practices to gain mileage.

With warm regards,
    Student Rockstar Admin.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:24 AM
  • Guys,

its so sad to listen from admin that someone posted the questions in the forum....... do anyone know who is that????? plz my friends... dont do it....

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 10:12 AM
  • Hey my friend. I dont think anyone has complained to the admins about it. The admins themselves are keeping an eye in the forum activities. So they can know whats happening here. No one can hide from the EYE-OF-MORDOR.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 12:10 PM
  • Yeah Harshil, as i have already stated, i have not sent any mail to the admin reg this matter. It is an unfortunate incident, but i happened to check the announcements early today morning, so i made the post.

Best of luck to Karan and hope he sorts this prob out to his satisfaction.

What do you guys think will be the admin's reply?

(Aragon, let us make haste and destroy the precious - LOTR)

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 1:43 PM
  • I am startled to hear this that the questions and i still don't believe it

I hope that the administrator should look in this matter seriously
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:42 PM
  • Well this proves one thing for sure.. Admin people are not as lazy as we used to say.. they do keep a track of the Forums.. but still are not responding to a lot of queries and problems asked in the forums.. If there can be a better way to tackle it...

Also some people used to say before that Admin people keep a track of the forums, so dont say things so openly.. but this is the platform to send your word to them.. So even if you have some negative points, dont hesitate to speak it out.. it will only help them to improve on it..
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:53 PM
  • I personally think that MS will resolve all the issues raised in this forum as soon as the contest is over, so that this problems are not faced in the future.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 11:26 PM
  • I agree with you Varun. The admins are surely keeping a look at these forums. But still i will not stop to discuss the flaws that are there / problems / suggest improvements . I dont think we should be afraid to post anything that is true. The admins will read it, if they feel like it requires a change, they will do it. They also got some policies to follow. They just cant do everything we suggest.

The latest announcement has proven to everyone including me that the admins DO keep a watch at the forums, and are just not sitting idle. It has shut the mouth of all including me. Anyways i appologize to the admins that i was complaining that they dont even have a look at the forums for which i was proven wrong. But i do suggest the admins to reply to the students in the forums.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 5:51 AM
  • Yup, that will be nice if admins start replying in the forums.. also if they took part in the forums, we could learn so many things from them...
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 6:25 AM
  • I am sure they could, but i think as Harshil pointed out, there could be some policy, and maybe the admins want the students to interact for this contest only. In other sections of the forums, MVP's contribute to the discussions and offer solutions to problems wherever possible.
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 7:49 AM
  • @Jabed - Why always blame me for everything. Man you want to be the winner desperately, and since you are not on the top, you are trying to show me down by any means. Man please change your attitude and try to live with it. Also if you cant encourage or respect anyone, then atleast dont try to say false things about it. I have observed that at each and every opportunity you point at me. Man i have come here not to fight, but to be friends with everyone. I also dont like to fight.

Please open your EYE and check who created this thread. I didn;t start the thread, if you cant see,  here is the info about this thread.

Re: Unfair Quiz - Microsoft Announcement
    Thread Starter: Adnan_Hussain_b89496   Started: 22 May 2007 7:11 AM UTC   Replies: 11

If you cant read this much, then atleast dont try to point on anyone.
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 1:33 PM
  • @Jabed, ease up buddy. I created this thread, because i was among the first to read the announcement from microsoft. If you are referring to the thread Harshil created for discussing the quiz, i would like to point out, so that everrbody should have this point clear, Harshil did not post any answer before Monday. So in no account can he be held responsible.

Lets be fair, even i want to win, everybody does. But i am not so desperate that i will start pointing fingers at the top contestants. Keep a healthy attitude man,you are a senior member in the forum and also one of the top contestants. People respect you and turn to you for help and advice, dont dissapoint us.

Cheers!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 1:54 PM
  • Next year I expect a better rockstar contest with these bugs and other discrepancy resolved

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:02 PM
  • Everybody hopes so....
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:23 PM
  • @Harshil & Adnan...

Why do you guys waste your time after Jabed.. we all know about his attitude.. I had thought of not saying a word on this.. but when saw you guys, thought will give a word or two...

1st of all Admins are not dumb that they will fall for the words of some member.. we have already observed that.. so dont worry about it..

and Jabed, do keep a check on what you say, never ever pin point a person.. Admins have already told that unfair or malpractices will lead you to trouble.. so dont try it out...

Guys we dont need to say anything to him, because its worthless talking to this guy...
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 4:43 PM
  • I agree with you Varun. And thanks Adnan for supporting me, and letting him know that i started the thread, but i didnt't post the question nor the solution to the quiz before the quiz ended.
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 4:59 PM
  • Point accepted Varun. I was just trying to decrease the tension and clear the misunderstanding. I am sure Jabed understands....

We all know, admins wont take our word for disqualifying a member untill they are satisfied.

Best of luck to the admins and hope they sort out everything!!!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 5:04 PM
  • Yes m8, i knew what your intention was. You are a nice guy.

Damn this guy (jabed) has created a new thread, just to point out me. I dont know why he is trying to criticize  me Stick out tongue Anyways, i have no problem with him. I dont want to be like him. I think as varun said, its best to just ignore him Smile

here is the thread i am talking about Stick out tongue
    "who start the question answer of the fourth quiz"

I think he is so desperate to win, and these are the side effects of it  Stick out tongue
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 5:10 PM

All replies

• Here is the announcement by the admins, if you guys are lazy to see them.

Unfair practices in Quiz

Hi,

We have noticed that the questions of the Quiz were posted on the forums on Sunday, 20.05.07 prior to closure of the Quiz. It is very unfortunate and unhealthy spirit of participation. The contest site is primarily to create a platform to share and spread knowledge but some participants are only participating to win. We will verify and disqualify those who have posted questions on the forum for help and disclosing the questions prior to closure of Quiz competition on 20.05.07 midnight.

We request all of you not to adopt such practices to gain mileage.

With warm regards,
    Student Rockstar Admin.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:24 AM
  • Guys,

its so sad to listen from admin that someone posted the questions in the forum....... do anyone know who is that????? plz my friends... dont do it....

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 10:12 AM
  • Hey my friend. I dont think anyone has complained to the admins about it. The admins themselves are keeping an eye in the forum activities. So they can know whats happening here. No one can hide from the EYE-OF-MORDOR.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 12:10 PM
  • Yeah Harshil, as i have already stated, i have not sent any mail to the admin reg this matter. It is an unfortunate incident, but i happened to check the announcements early today morning, so i made the post.

Best of luck to Karan and hope he sorts this prob out to his satisfaction.

What do you guys think will be the admin's reply?

(Aragon, let us make haste and destroy the precious - LOTR)

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 1:43 PM
  • I am startled to hear this that the questions and i still don't believe it

I hope that the administrator should look in this matter seriously
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:42 PM
  • Well this proves one thing for sure.. Admin people are not as lazy as we used to say.. they do keep a track of the Forums.. but still are not responding to a lot of queries and problems asked in the forums.. If there can be a better way to tackle it...

Also some people used to say before that Admin people keep a track of the forums, so dont say things so openly.. but this is the platform to send your word to them.. So even if you have some negative points, dont hesitate to speak it out.. it will only help them to improve on it..
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:53 PM
  • I personally think that MS will resolve all the issues raised in this forum as soon as the contest is over, so that this problems are not faced in the future.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 11:26 PM
  • I agree with you Varun. The admins are surely keeping a look at these forums. But still i will not stop to discuss the flaws that are there / problems / suggest improvements . I dont think we should be afraid to post anything that is true. The admins will read it, if they feel like it requires a change, they will do it. They also got some policies to follow. They just cant do everything we suggest.

The latest announcement has proven to everyone including me that the admins DO keep a watch at the forums, and are just not sitting idle. It has shut the mouth of all including me. Anyways i appologize to the admins that i was complaining that they dont even have a look at the forums for which i was proven wrong. But i do suggest the admins to reply to the students in the forums.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 5:51 AM
  • Yup, that will be nice if admins start replying in the forums.. also if they took part in the forums, we could learn so many things from them...
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 6:25 AM
  • I am sure they could, but i think as Harshil pointed out, there could be some policy, and maybe the admins want the students to interact for this contest only. In other sections of the forums, MVP's contribute to the discussions and offer solutions to problems wherever possible.
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 7:49 AM
  • harshil start is thread may be his id will be deleted along with other
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 12:48 PM
  • @Jabed - Why always blame me for everything. Man you want to be the winner desperately, and since you are not on the top, you are trying to show me down by any means. Man please change your attitude and try to live with it. Also if you cant encourage or respect anyone, then atleast dont try to say false things about it. I have observed that at each and every opportunity you point at me. Man i have come here not to fight, but to be friends with everyone. I also dont like to fight.

Please open your EYE and check who created this thread. I didn;t start the thread, if you cant see,  here is the info about this thread.

Re: Unfair Quiz - Microsoft Announcement
    Thread Starter: Adnan_Hussain_b89496   Started: 22 May 2007 7:11 AM UTC   Replies: 11

If you cant read this much, then atleast dont try to point on anyone.
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 1:33 PM
  • @Jabed, ease up buddy. I created this thread, because i was among the first to read the announcement from microsoft. If you are referring to the thread Harshil created for discussing the quiz, i would like to point out, so that everrbody should have this point clear, Harshil did not post any answer before Monday. So in no account can he be held responsible.

Lets be fair, even i want to win, everybody does. But i am not so desperate that i will start pointing fingers at the top contestants. Keep a healthy attitude man,you are a senior member in the forum and also one of the top contestants. People respect you and turn to you for help and advice, dont dissapoint us.

Cheers!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 1:54 PM
  • chill out guys.....
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 2:39 PM
  • Next year I expect a better rockstar contest with these bugs and other discrepancy resolved

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:02 PM
  • Everybody hopes so....
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:23 PM
  • @Harshil & Adnan...

Why do you guys waste your time after Jabed.. we all know about his attitude.. I had thought of not saying a word on this.. but when saw you guys, thought will give a word or two...

1st of all Admins are not dumb that they will fall for the words of some member.. we have already observed that.. so dont worry about it..

and Jabed, do keep a check on what you say, never ever pin point a person.. Admins have already told that unfair or malpractices will lead you to trouble.. so dont try it out...

Guys we dont need to say anything to him, because its worthless talking to this guy...
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 4:43 PM
  • I agree with you Varun. And thanks Adnan for supporting me, and letting him know that i started the thread, but i didnt't post the question nor the solution to the quiz before the quiz ended.
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 4:59 PM
  • Point accepted Varun. I was just trying to decrease the tension and clear the misunderstanding. I am sure Jabed understands....

We all know, admins wont take our word for disqualifying a member untill they are satisfied.

Best of luck to the admins and hope they sort out everything!!!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 5:04 PM
  • Yes m8, i knew what your intention was. You are a nice guy.

Damn this guy (jabed) has created a new thread, just to point out me. I dont know why he is trying to criticize  me Stick out tongue Anyways, i have no problem with him. I dont want to be like him. I think as varun said, its best to just ignore him Smile

here is the thread i am talking about Stick out tongue
    "who start the question answer of the fourth quiz"

I think he is so desperate to win, and these are the side effects of it  Stick out tongue
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 5:10 PM
  • @ harshil dar mat yaar jab threa start kiya tha us time ton soch leta thora smart kam bana kar.

cheating kam kiya kar or kisi ke thread kon band mat kar .

it is better for u.

lets see the works of admin

Saturday, May 26, 2007 9:38 AM
  • @Jabed - noone wants to talk to you. You still cant understand what we are saying.

Go to the first page of this forum, and then see the name of the author of the thread. You will clearly see that its not me. If you still feel that i have started this thread, then go and complain to the admins, i dont care. They know who is true.

I dont have rights to stop anyones thread, so how can i do that. Only the admins can lock someones thread. And if you really think that i have stopped/locked someones thread, then i might be a Admin for you. So beware.

Saturday, May 26, 2007 12:16 PM