CRM Development RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have just started with microsoft dynamics crm. I have integrated with office 365 account. Now can anybody tell me how can i develop this crm for my company.  From where should i start and how can i implement it.

Thank you,

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You could log in by CEO user or you could create it by your own user and then share it to CEO (With read and append privileges). Both is possible. See the picture below:

First click on the view selection (shown by 1) then at the bottom of the list there is a create personal view. At the personal view place the conditions (2). For the first field select the CEO's user, and for the second field select the sales person's user. Then save it. After saved it, at the "Saved views" tab, select the view and click share. See the picture below:

Select the CEO's user and save it. Finished.

BTW, if my answers helped you please mark them as answer.

If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.

Saturday, March 9, 2013 8:02 AM

All replies

• To implement in a true manner the best way is SureStep, which is only available for MS partners. Search some to find useful options.

About understanding the main business of the CRM, at each page you work, there is an overview for data model of entities and their business.

About development you could start with MS walk through's for each section, such as:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg695782.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg309580.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg594452.aspx

You could also download the SDK which has good samples for learning from this links. 

• Proposed as answer by B sreenivasulu Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:31 AM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:26 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply. In our organization 4 salespersons are there. So when they view the CRM everyone get the different view of CRM. Can you explain me about the views so that everyone can get the same view.

Thank you,

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:46 AM
  • For a specified entity you could set a view as default view for all users. Settings > Customization > Customize the system > the entity > forms > open form. Set as default.

BTW, if the answer helped you, please mark it as answer and vote helpful!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:48 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for reply. But I am facing another problem. Suppose we are in sales > opportunities> in opportunities there is a view like open opportunity, open opportunity this week, close opportunity etc etc. Can you explain me that also. And in our office there is a scenarios like We have CEO and one sale girl. So now the problem is that whatever opportunities created by our CEO that can be seen by him. but if he changes the owner of that opportunity then that opportunity can be seen by that sales girl. Now CEO not able to see that opportunity for which he changes the owner.

We want if CEO assigns any opportunity to any other person then also he can see that. and that other colleague only can see her opportunity only.  

There must be a problem with view and rights. Can you please anybody explain me.

Thank you,

Saturday, February 23, 2013 6:11 AM
  • about your first question, goto customization, customize the system, entity, opportunity, views. then open desired view and edit name, condition or columns. save and publish customizations. about the second, create a personal view for ceo based on the "created by" field, which is equal to ceo user, and another condition should be the owner, which is the sales person. then the ceo could track the opportunities which he created and owned by the sales person. you could create this view as a system view as I mentioned above or a personal view from opportunities page. btw, if the answers helped you remember to mark it as answer and vote as helpful.

Saturday, February 23, 2013 7:17 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for reply and sorry for my late reply. Can you tell me how to do this 

create a personal view for ceo based on the "created by" field, which is equal to ceo user, and another condition should be the owner, which is the sales person. then the ceo could track the opportunities which he created and owned by the sales person. 

1st should i go to the ceo crm and configure the view for him or i can use my crm for the same? Please tell me how to do it. If you can please provide the snapshot of it.

Thank you, 

Saturday, March 9, 2013 7:08 AM
  • Hi,

You could log in by CEO user or you could create it by your own user and then share it to CEO (With read and append privileges). Both is possible. See the picture below:

First click on the view selection (shown by 1) then at the bottom of the list there is a create personal view. At the personal view place the conditions (2). For the first field select the CEO's user, and for the second field select the sales person's user. Then save it. After saved it, at the "Saved views" tab, select the view and click share. See the picture below:

Select the CEO's user and save it. Finished.

BTW, if my answers helped you please mark them as answer.

Saturday, March 9, 2013 8:02 AM