How do I get files (Recorded TV, etc.) onto the server? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it up to me to populate them from my remote machines, or will the connector software do this automatically?

From other posts, it seems like this is a manual step for most folders. Is that true of Recorded TV as well?

Saturday, September 11, 2010 4:58 PM

Answers

• Connector does this automatically for Windows Media Center if you select in Media Center to do so. In all other cases you would have to do this manually.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

• Proposed as answer by Theo van ElsbergModerator Saturday, September 11, 2010 7:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by ic2 Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:21 AM
    Saturday, September 11, 2010 5:57 PM

All replies

• Connector does this automatically for Windows Media Center if you select in Media Center to do so. In all other cases you would have to do this manually.

Olaf

• Proposed as answer by Theo van ElsbergModerator Saturday, September 11, 2010 7:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by ic2 Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:21 AM
    Saturday, September 11, 2010 5:57 PM
  • Thanks much. That worked. Second question: is there a way to expire old TV archives (on the WHS)?
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:22 AM
  • I don't think there is a built in way to do this.
    But surely you could create a script with PowerShell or VB Script, which deletes the files in the shared folder by creation date (if you really wish to get rid of all older recordings).

Olaf

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 8:23 PM
  • Found a simple way:

forfiles /M *.WTV /d -7 /C "CMD /C del @file"

Finds .wtv files that are 7 days old and deletes 'em. Be careful!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 2:30 AM