Hide "Add New Quote" button in Related Quotes of Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Platform : CRM 2011

1. In the Account entity, I have Related Quotes. When i click quotes, the ribbon shows "Add New Quote" button. I want to hide this button as i do not want to create a new quote from Accounts entity.

2. In the sales process area, I have Quotes entity. When i click quotes, the ribbon shows "New Quote" button. I want to hide this button.

Please guide if this requires any changes in customization.xml or anything else.

Is there any link for trial version of CRM 2011 not 2013 ? ?

Tanu Goyal

• Edited by Tanu.goyal Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:00 PM
    Friday, September 5, 2014 5:15 AM

Answers

• HI Tanu,

Please Export a solution with quote entity and edit customization.xml .

Just add the code below in ribbondiffxml tag. 

<CustomActions>
              <HideCustomAction Location="Mscrm.HomepageGrid.quote.MainTab.Management" HideActionId="Sample.Mscrm.HomepageGrid.quote.NewRecord.HideAction" />
              <HideCustomAction Location="Mscrm.SubGrid.quote.MainTab.Management" HideActionId="Sample.Mscrm.SubGrid.quote.NewRecord.HideAction" />
              <HideCustomAction Location="Mscrm.SubGrid.quote.MainTab.Management" HideActionId="Sample.Mscrm.SubGrid.quote.AddNewStandard.HideAction" />
            </CustomActions>

Import the solution back after changes and refresh your window.

I have tested it and it works. 

• Proposed as answer by Anubhav Bajpai Wednesday, September 10, 2014 11:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tanu.goyal Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:00 PM
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Tanu,

please download ribbon work bench to edit ribbons.

Regards,

Jithesh

Friday, September 5, 2014 7:35 AM
  • hi Tanu,

that is not id of the button. More like action of the subgrid.

ribbon work bench is a managed solution written by Microsoft MVP Scott. Using this tool you can easily show/hide buttons from forms, subgrids, based on security role etc.

regards,

Jithesh

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:09 AM
  • Hi Tanu,

please explain to your customer the implications of unsupported customization.

the only option you have would be to use a jQuery or JavaScript selector to select the anchor tag that precedes the control with that specified id.

regards,

Jithesh

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:32 AM
  • Hi Tanu,

It is possible to do it using ribbon customization. The button id will be Mscrm.SubGrid.quote.NewRecord and Mscrm.SubGrid.quote.AddNewStandard.

You can get many examples of how to hide a button. just use this button id and also add the these two buttons enable and display rules in diffxml.

Regards,

Saad

• Marked as answer by Tanu.goyal Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:57 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Tanu.goyal Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:57 AM
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:54 AM
  • HI Tanu,

Please Export a solution with quote entity and edit customization.xml .

Just add the code below in ribbondiffxml tag. 

<CustomActions>
              <HideCustomAction Location="Mscrm.HomepageGrid.quote.MainTab.Management" HideActionId="Sample.Mscrm.HomepageGrid.quote.NewRecord.HideAction" />
              <HideCustomAction Location="Mscrm.SubGrid.quote.MainTab.Management" HideActionId="Sample.Mscrm.SubGrid.quote.NewRecord.HideAction" />
              <HideCustomAction Location="Mscrm.SubGrid.quote.MainTab.Management" HideActionId="Sample.Mscrm.SubGrid.quote.AddNewStandard.HideAction" />
            </CustomActions>

Import the solution back after changes and refresh your window.

I have tested it and it works. 

• Proposed as answer by Anubhav Bajpai Wednesday, September 10, 2014 11:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tanu.goyal Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:00 PM
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:34 AM
  • Hi Mohd,

The Quote can still be created from Views area. This can not be handled through ribbon workbench. How can i proceed on this ?

Tanu Goyal

Monday, September 15, 2014 10:56 AM
  • Hi Tanu,

Please remove Create privilege of Quote Entity from the Security Role of the Users that you don't want to Create Quote.

Saad

Monday, September 15, 2014 12:21 PM
  • Hi Saad,

I want to create the quote, but only from "Sub-Grid in Opportunity entity".

I have hidden the "New" button from Sales--> Quote.(through ribbon workbench)

But a user can create new quote from the above new button in system views( picture shown above).

Please guide.

Tanu Goyal

Monday, September 15, 2014 12:47 PM