alternate port numbers whs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm currently running WHS v1 in a production environment (in Hyper-V), but my ISP blocks all ports below 1024. A lot of ports can be remapped in WHS v1, but some ports are unchangeable (e.g. the port for rich uploads a.k.a. easy uploads, the port for remote access). Will Vail offer the possibility to remap these and other ports as well?

It sucks that I can only use rich uploads in my home as to me it's more useful when I'm away from home and want to upload photos I took to my home server.

Cheers

Monday, April 26, 2010 8:01 PM

Answers

• Ascario,

Most (? at least the ones I've been using) routers allow you to do port mapping to get around this limitation.  Open whatever port number on the firewall that is accessible and have the router remap it to the internal one on the internal WHS server.

obi

Monday, April 26, 2010 8:05 PM

All replies

• Ascario,

Most (? at least the ones I've been using) routers allow you to do port mapping to get around this limitation.  Open whatever port number on the firewall that is accessible and have the router remap it to the internal one on the internal WHS server.

obi

Monday, April 26, 2010 8:05 PM
  • We don’t have UI that makes Vail answer to different ports, My recommendation is the same as Obi’s.  :)

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights.

"obiwan07" wrote in message news:f14d78b0-4d13-4f75-ad91-65bfd90bd9c9...

Ascario,

Most (? at least the ones I've been using) routers allow you to do port mapping to get around this limitation.  Open whatever port number on the firewall that is accessible and have the router remap it to the internal one on the internal WHS server.

obi

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 6:45 PM