How does Microsoft do it? RRS feed

• Question

• During support session with Microsoft, they create Live Meeting.  In order to connect to that Meeting, I have to go to http://support.microsoft.com/easyassist website.  Enter my name, short code, and connect.  How do they do it?  When I try to use Live Meeting, the code is very long.  Also, there is some Meeting ID that is even longer.

Do you know how do they do it?  Any ideas?

Thank you.

Monday, March 31, 2008 7:56 PM

All replies

• That is a custom in-house solution, there is no information available.

Monday, March 31, 2008 8:13 PM
  • If you are not bound to use LiveMeeting, there are several other possibilities. For instance, we use Teamerviewer. Our customers go to a certain url and startup the Teamviewer application. From that moment they pass a Teamviewer generated code to the support engineer. He also starts teamviewer, enters that code en gets connected to the customes.

Quit easy...

Greets,

Mark Vroom

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 2:18 PM
  • I understand that there are other solutions but I thought that if we invested in OCS, why not use this one.

Thank you.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 2:25 PM
  • So just to be clear - the solution in house is a customization to the Live Meeting service and not to OCS. The solution was focused on the remote desktop element given that is the number one reason to use the solution with a customer. The Live Meeting and OCS on-premise conferencing offers more modalities.

Igor if you send me email I will attempt to follow up internally to see if there is more information or a future for the solution.

TomL at microsoft dot com

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 2:31 PM
  • Thank you.

I will email in a minute.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 2:39 PM