Free trial version questions... RRS feed

• Question

•  

If I download the free 90-day trial version to my computer, will it also activate on the two other computers on my network?

Also, will there be a conflict if I wish to purchase the software when my trial is over? I've heard there have been problems with this program and its expiration dates.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 1:46 PM

Answers

• If the trial version is installed and not activated on your other computers, then activating on the first PC will activate your subscription. Using the *same* LiveID to subscribe/activate the other two installs will associate them with your subscription.

If you have already subscribed to OneCare and it is running on the other 2 PCs, you activate on the 3rd PC with the same LiveID.

There is no general problem with expiration dates.

You can always check the status of a subscription at http://billing.microsoft.com after signing in with the subscription LiveID found under Help/About... in OneCare.

You can purchase for the full retail price by providing credit card information during activation on the first PC or obtain a retail copy of OneCare, often at a discount, to use the Retail PIN/Key to activate the subscription. Subsequent activations are done with the LiveID, not the key or purchase.

-steve

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 2:28 PM