0x80004005 error RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I get 0x80004005 error when I'm logging into to system. The problem is: when I'm logging in i have NO internet connection - because it's ADSL connection and i must run program which connects me to the net.. But i CAN'T do it because when i get this error it's logging me out.. log in -> error -> log out.. log in -> error -> log out.. ;/

I have 100% genuine system, but now it's usefullness Sad

I can only log on SAFE MODE Sad

Saturday, September 29, 2007 6:10 PM

Answers

• Hello Maciej,

Can you run the MGA diagnostic test for us and post back in this thread? Before I provide you with guidance with the 4005 error code I would like to see if your having other errors in conjunction with it.  Also please let me know if there are any other errors which you have had. Thank you.  Below are the steps for you to follow:

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:
    1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm,MS

Monday, October 1, 2007 10:43 PM
  • Hey Maciej,

Glad you are up and running again :-).  I am curious though you mentioned the product and registery were changed? How did they get changed?  You mentioned an attached zip file with MGA diag tool? What website did you visit and what file was downloaded? Please the only website for the MGA diag tool is @ Microsoft. Please let us know the site you visited along with what file you downloaded.  

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS 

Friday, October 5, 2007 10:32 PM
  • Maciej,

Is there anyway you can track down the site which you downloaded this from? It would be utmost important.  Thank you for what you have provided. TAke care

sTephen Holm, MS

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 1:44 AM
  • Thank you so much. Yes this was a great help. Take care

stephen holm, MS

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 9:24 PM

All replies

• Hello Maciej,

Can you run the MGA diagnostic test for us and post back in this thread? Before I provide you with guidance with the 4005 error code I would like to see if your having other errors in conjunction with it.  Also please let me know if there are any other errors which you have had. Thank you.  Below are the steps for you to follow:

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:
    1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm,MS

Monday, October 1, 2007 10:43 PM
  • Oh My God.. Everything was caused by REG file.. I didn't know what happened, but now I know. It changed my product key.. and added to registry some other information.. That was the problem..
    I re-installed windows and now everything is ok, and it is 100% genuine, without any problems.. I've installed SP2 and other updates, and now it's 100% working! Smile

Aff.. this reg file was attached in zip file with MGA diagnostic tool.. That was my fault I've downloaded it from other site..
    I'm sorry for the problem Smile

(It was hard work to reinstall system and then download sp2 without having contact with internet worms ;/ hahah.. it was a funny adventure Wink But it's the other topic)

thanks for informations, I hope it may be usefull what I've written Wink

Maciej
    Friday, October 5, 2007 9:48 PM
  • Hey Maciej,

Glad you are up and running again :-).  I am curious though you mentioned the product and registery were changed? How did they get changed?  You mentioned an attached zip file with MGA diag tool? What website did you visit and what file was downloaded? Please the only website for the MGA diag tool is @ Microsoft. Please let us know the site you visited along with what file you downloaded.  

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS 

Friday, October 5, 2007 10:32 PM
  • I don't remember the site but i've uploaded this file to my server, you can download it here: http://modernsolutions.pl/Verify%20if%20your%20copy%20is%20Genuine%20or%20not.rar

I hope you'll do something to prevent situations similar to mine Smile
    Saturday, October 6, 2007 12:06 PM
  • Maciej,

Is there anyway you can track down the site which you downloaded this from? It would be utmost important.  Thank you for what you have provided. TAke care

sTephen Holm, MS

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 1:44 AM
  • I do not remember the site, but i was looking for files similar to this and I found that:
    http://flmsdown.net/2007/04/20/make_your_copy_of_windows_100_genuine_in_1_seconds.html

This is the same REG file inside this archive..

Hope I helped Smile

Maciej
    Tuesday, October 9, 2007 3:12 PM
  • Thank you so much. Yes this was a great help. Take care

stephen holm, MS

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 9:24 PM
  • The pleasure is mine. I'll be careful next time.

Maciej
    Tuesday, October 9, 2007 9:27 PM