WIndows 7 Not Genuine? RRS feed

• Question

• Brilliant Microsoft Marketing If I buy a car and the engine fails I can replace the engine and continue to use the car! I don't have to buy a new car?

I have an old computer that came with Microsoft's BIGGEST MISTAKE VISTA pre installed, after a few months using this crappy OS I PAID FOR and upgraded to Windows 7..  A Vast Improvement!..   BUT Now my Computer has died.. so I purchased a brand new computer and used the Windows 7 disk I had purchased and loaded it on to it only to be informed that it was NOT a legal copy of Windows???  So My Old Computer is Dead and I have an "Illegal" Copy of Microsoft Windows 7 On my new Computer??  Brilliant..  It will not allow me to format the drive, It will not allow me to remove the Windows installation?.. So what do I do Now?

It is not as if a NEW copy is Cheap...  90% of it is never used..   The same as Microsoft Office..  it is a Ridiculous Price for just using Word???   But you can't just buy Word you have to buy the entire package which no longer includes OUTLOOK???  Now with Windows 8 I cannot even use my ISP Supplied email addresses which are POP3 WIndows wants to rule the world BUT Hotmail  (Outlook????) is Often Unavailable??  What are you playing at Microsoft?

I have attempted to Remove Windows "Illegal Copy" from my new computer but it will not allow me to??
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:46 AM

Answers

• To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
     Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
     To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 10:01 AM