Disappearing Vista Control Panel RRS feed

• Question

•  

Just thought I would add my experience with this problem. New PC in October with Vista Home Premium 32bit; New Gateway GT5636E PC with the Intel quad processors.  Intel Motherboard: G965.  Problem started appearing for me after I installed my old HP Deskjet 842C printer. The drivers were already on Vista & it installed fine.  I noticed that my Control Panel would disappear along with the printer not working.  I had given up my trusty Compaq A3000 which I absolutely could not get to work properly on Vista, and was not about to give up another reliable & "built-like-a-tank" printer!  I deleted & re-installed the HP printer 5 or 6 times until I found this Forum.  I downloaded and installed the Hot Fix referred to in a previous thread.  The problem has NOT re-ocurred in two days. Everything is now working correctly, 842C prints & keeps printing, and the Control Panel is there everytime I look for it.  MS may want to release the Hot Fix to everyone because this was a very frustrating problem to solve!
    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:22 PM

All replies

• can you send me a link to the hot fix you referred to, i can't find the previous thread and my control panel is disappearing...

Sunday, February 10, 2008 11:19 PM