Customization - Opportunity - field properties dialog box - row layout? RRS feed

• Question

• Windows XP

Outlook 2007

CRM Online

Hi all,

I'm just getting started customizing my new CRM Online application, using the Outlook tool.

I've modified the opportunity form by adding my own fields.

Some of these are nvarchar fields.

When I put them on my "main application form" I can modify the number of rows displayed on some of these fields (see image below).

Recently though, when I create new fields, I don't have the option to modify the number of rows displayed, even though I created the fields in an identical manner.

Is there someway I can trouble shoot why CRM doesn't give me the option to display multiple rows, on the new fields I create?

I would include an image, but it doesn't appear to thme that I can in this forum.

Thanks in advance.

-Matt

Sunday, December 14, 2008 10:23 PM

Answers

• Try nText rather than varchar and you should be able to set the number of rows.  nText is actually better than varchar as it takes less space in the database but allows the user to capture more data.

Monday, December 15, 2008 12:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It depends upon the data type and format of the field. Numeric fields can only have one row while Text Area fields can have multiple rows.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 11:41 PM
  • Try nText rather than varchar and you should be able to set the number of rows.  nText is actually better than varchar as it takes less space in the database but allows the user to capture more data.

Monday, December 15, 2008 12:01 AM