BSOD after WHS install reboot, on Fujitsu Siemens Primergy TX120 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Can anyone ! help me.

I`m trying to install WHS on a Fujitsu Siemens Primergy TX120 server.

Xeon duel core, 1,86 Ghz,   3GB ram, 146GB 10K SAS HDD.

I have to load the LSI driver manual during the install, and that works fine.

However, after being able to identify the HDD and install most of WHS, the server needs to reboot.

This is my problem.

After reboot, the server STOP´s with a BSOD.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damate to your computer.

If this is the first time you´ve seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, folow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.

Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0X0000007B (0XF789EA94, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Any suggestions ?

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 8:19 PM

Answers

• It's a quirk. Smile If Windows Home Server can see the system drive without drivers, then you usually only need to supply storage drivers once, to get the initial part of setup to see all your other disks. You'll get asked if you would like to carry your drivers over to the next phase of install in that case. But if you need a storage driver for the system drive as well, you need to supply those drivers twice, and the second time has to be in a format that text-mode install can understand, i.e. an "F6 floppy".
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 10:27 PM

All replies

• When you say that it's installed most of WHS, do you mean that it's rebooted several times at that point? Or are you talking about during text mode setup?

And can you try a different DVD drive?
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 1:16 AM
  •  

An alternate DVD drive is not really an option.  (not today anyway)

is happens after the first reboot, when it goes into the 2003 install mode....

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 5:12 PM
  • Are you supplying drivers twice? You need them during the initial graphical setup phase when you first boot off the DVD, so that setup will see your drives there, then you need to supply them again at the start of text mode setup, at the "Press F6" prompt. For the "Press F6" prompt you will almost certainly need to supply them as an "F6 floppy"; you should find instructions for creating one in your hardware manuals.
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 6:26 PM
  • If that is the case, you might have solved my problem.

Will get an external floppy drive at work tomorrow and give it a try.

Didnt really beleive that you where suppose to supply the driver twise....

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 8:42 PM
  • It's a quirk. Smile If Windows Home Server can see the system drive without drivers, then you usually only need to supply storage drivers once, to get the initial part of setup to see all your other disks. You'll get asked if you would like to carry your drivers over to the next phase of install in that case. But if you need a storage driver for the system drive as well, you need to supply those drivers twice, and the second time has to be in a format that text-mode install can understand, i.e. an "F6 floppy".
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 10:27 PM
  • Thanks for the solution.

Ken Warren was right !

you have to supply the driver (in my case LSI driver) for the controller.

Sience i dont have a floppy drive in my server, i used nlite  from www.nliteos.com to add the driver into the WHS installation file.

The driver for Primergy 120tx can be found here.   http://www.lsi.com/storage_home/products_home/standard_product_ics/sas_ics/lsisas1064/index.html?remote=1&locale=EN

Select the Server 2003 version.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:01 PM
  • Hi

check this thread:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/679895-fujitsu-primergy-econel-100-a.html?highlight=primergy

First time I got the BSD 7B first time I tried to install XP PS3

Then after several hours with the RAID, with Fujitsu tech guys (told me only server OS were supported) and trying to get Fujitsu´s Server Start wizard CD (pretty picky as it only will take very very specifically the versions of OS listed there) to assist putting the drivers needed for Windows Server 2008, vMWare ESX 3.0, .... I went to BIOS and changed the SATA mode to native (non-RAID) and...voila...no more asking for F6 raid drivers and the boot device was found....nicely partitioned both disks, instaled XP on partition one with 150 gb, formatted the other disk as D for data and all is fine.

First I downloaded the last BIOS as of June 08 (6.0.1.8) and flashed them via USB. Before that I had to enable all USB devices an BIOS, so it will recognize the USB stick. Then put that USB on boot order no. 1. I do not think you need the BIOS flash to make this work, just is the newer BIOS so I figured would be better.

Friday, August 15, 2008 12:08 PM
  •  

Thanks for the suggestion, BUT the problem is already solved as you can read above. 
    Friday, August 15, 2008 12:14 PM
  • Just curious, did you get whs to work on tx120?

It's just because I'm thinking about buying a tx150 to use with whs.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:38 PM
  • Søren, as Henrik has indicated, the solution for him was to install drivers properly. Another option (as mentioned by another poster) is to set your disk controllers to legacy IDE mode. You give up a small amount of theoretical performance in exchange for greatly increased simplicity.
    Thursday, August 28, 2008 12:24 AM