Microsoft Money 2004 Error Message RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to load money 2004 (and yes it is 2004) off of a works suite 2004 disc onto my new windows 7 laptop. When I try to open the program however I get this error message:"Cannot display the EndU User License Agreement which must be displayed and accepted before you can use the application. To display the agreement, reinstall the application." Now, I have reinstalled it twice and use every compatibility setting available and this still pops up. I don't know how to fix this myself so can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Monday, July 30, 2012 8:25 PM

All replies

• Where is the .mny file you are trying to open?  In Windows 7, it needs to be in the My Documents folder.

Secondly, is there any reason you want to stick with 2004?  If in the US why don't you you install Money Plus Sunset (see link in top message on this forum).  If not in the US, use the appropriate version from the same message.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:58 PM
  • Where is the .mny file you are trying to open?  In Windows 7, it needs to be in the My Documents folder.

No.  It just needs to be somewhere other than "Program Files".
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 7:01 PM
  • I'm simply trying to open the program so I can use it. It won't run the .exe file unless I accept the EULA agreement which apparently isn't there and I have no idea why it didn't load on the computer from the disc like the rest of the program. And my dad uses 2004 and is going to use it to keep up with my account along with me until I'm out of college.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:10 PM
  • Suprisingly,  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259291 still works. I think your solution is there.
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:11 PM