none
My final query.. honestly...!!! WHS Console Gui Size... RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried to search.... to no avail...

Why does the whs console gui not maximise to full screen size...??

I have a wonderful widescreen monitor, and the vonsole gui would look fantatic if it only reached the edges...  could fit more tabs on it too..!!!!!

Can it be made bigger... ???
    DrSoton
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:17 PM

Answers

• All of the add-ins and stock features within the console were built for a specific size. Even if you figured out how to make it larger chances are that none of the add-in windows would properly resize with the window.

• Marked as answer by DrSoton Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:40 PM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:33 PM

All replies

• All of the add-ins and stock features within the console were built for a specific size. Even if you figured out how to make it larger chances are that none of the add-in windows would properly resize with the window.

• Marked as answer by DrSoton Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:40 PM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:33 PM
  • So I would have some scroll bars since the resize wouldn't work. Still better then what I have to do currently: I need to grab the window and move it left and right if I need to see something on the very left and then the very right. A scrollbar would be preferred!
    Why?
    I am on a 1028 x 768 screen resolution, which the window was designed for, BUT why does everyone (inlcuding webdesigners) assume the taskbar is on the bottom????
    My taskbar is on the right hand side, because:
    - Gives me more vertical space when scrolling trough documents
    - I can place more icons in the Quick launch area (since I have the taskbar "4 icons wide")
    - I can have a better overview of all my open programs, no need to combine programs and folders on the taskbar -> direct access
    - The taskbar then does not only dipaly time, but also date and day.
    - If you close a program, you are on the top right corner, which brings you right next to the Start button when the taskbar is on the right, which means you can access programms faster after you closed one (and this is what you mostly do when you close one program: you open another!)
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:50 AM