Cannot seem to renew my subscription RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an amber warning on my Onecare telling me to resubscribe. When I try to do this, I log in, and then

get a message stating 'Unable to complete request. We can't complete your request right now. Please try again later.

Message 2002.". I have tried to connect to resubscribe from both computers I have my subscription on.
    How do I resubscribe whwn this is happening, and why am I getting thismessage?

Thank you,
    Brad Cameron
    Saturday, January 19, 2008 8:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• I have an identical problem with a different error number......8179.  I've spent an hour trying to find someone to talk to about it!  You would think Microsoft would make it easy for you to talk to a rep when you're trying to give them MONEY!  Microsofts customer service SUCKS at best!

Saturday, January 19, 2008 9:13 PM
  • Log in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com and click renew for the OneCare subscription. If you encounter an error at that point, please contact OneCare support - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Sunday, January 20, 2008 2:46 AM
  • I am having the same problem because I have no billing account...but how do I hook up a billing account?? This website does not do a good job of explaining this at all! I have gone everywhere that seems logical, and I end up at the same place all the time...a page that tells me that I have no billing account, but when I try to set one up, I just don't know how to do it or where to go.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 5:35 AM
  • You seem familiar with the One Care issues, Steve.  I also get the error message when I try to renew using the URL supplied by One Care.  Worse, my One Care application indicates that my computer is no longer protected because my subscription has expired, yet my billing info shows that the subscription doesn't expire until mid-March.

After wasting 30 minutes on One Care forums and FAQ the other day, a pal gave me a functional billing support # (not available on any web site that I found), and when I was finally connected, I was transferred to "tech support" but was actually transferred back to billing - twice!

Is Miscrosoft trying to frustrate customers?

Sunday, January 27, 2008 5:41 PM
  •  Lornyg wrote:
    I am having the same problem because I have no billing account...but how do I hook up a billing account?? This website does not do a good job of explaining this at all! I have gone everywhere that seems logical, and I end up at the same place all the time...a page that tells me that I have no billing account, but when I try to set one up, I just don't know how to do it or where to go.

If you activated OneCare with a LiveID, that is the ID for your Billing account - which was created at activation.

-steve

Sunday, January 27, 2008 10:21 PM
  •  Nookster wrote:

You seem familiar with the One Care issues, Steve.  I also get the error message when I try to renew using the URL supplied by One Care.  Worse, my One Care application indicates that my computer is no longer protected because my subscription has expired, yet my billing info shows that the subscription doesn't expire until mid-March.

After wasting 30 minutes on One Care forums and FAQ the other day, a pal gave me a functional billing support # (not available on any web site that I found), and when I was finally connected, I was transferred to "tech support" but was actually transferred back to billing - twice!

Is Miscrosoft trying to frustrate customers?

I'll answer the last question first - not intentionally, I am certain, but it does sometimes seem that way.

Check the date and time on your PC. Also, verify that the version of OneCare you are running is not the 2.0 beta - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2690424&SiteID=2

-steve

Sunday, January 27, 2008 10:23 PM
  • Thank you, Steve.  I'm running 2.0.2500.14, and my machine's date/time are accurate.  I can't imagine Msoft is oblivious to the issue, but they don't seem to be doing anything about it.

Monday, January 28, 2008 4:37 PM
  • That version would mean you aren't running the beta, which would expire... I've sent an email to the OneCare team to have them investigate.

-steve

Monday, January 28, 2008 6:24 PM
  •  Nookster wrote:

Thank you, Steve.  I'm running 2.0.2500.14, and my machine's date/time are accurate.  I can't imagine Msoft is oblivious to the issue, but they don't seem to be doing anything about it.

Nookster, can you please create the support logs per this post -

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2512403&SiteID=2

Send it attached to an email message entitled, "OneCare Expire Wrong" to wloc@live.com and include your posting nickname, Nookster, and this link - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2753611&SiteID=2 - in the message body.

The OneCare team would like to investigate your situation.

-steve

Monday, January 28, 2008 8:12 PM
  • Thank you, Steve.  I sent the e-mail & attachment & hope they figure this out.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:27 AM
  • Thanks, Nookster. I'll let the team know that you have sent to email. If there was an issue in receiving it, I'll get back to you.

-steve

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 12:26 PM
  • I haven't heard a word from Microsoft since sending the download several days ago.  I figured they'd at least acknowledge receipt.  Hard to believe they really care about their customer service reputation.

Saturday, February 2, 2008 10:53 PM
  • I'll follow up Nookster. I believe that the email was received.

-steve

Monday, February 4, 2008 2:12 AM