Integration 3Com VCX with OCS RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I´m new at this and i´m having some problems with my configurations.

I´ve already set up the OCS, a call between office comunicator clients, can be established. but, a call to the pstn with an audiocodes media gateway cant be established.

I´m also trying to integrate the OCS with 3Com Sip Platform VCX, but its not working in any way. I undestarnd that the OCS Sip works over tcp protocol, and VCX sip its over UDP. I undertsand that the mediadion server is the one that permits the communication between Sip over TCP and UDP, is that right?

Where can i find more information about the mediation server, and also, about the media gateway configurations?, Where can i get a call trace other than in the media gateway? this because, as i said, i havent been able to route the calls over there.

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Luis,

A couple things:

1) OCS doesn't support SIP over UDP, even with a mediation server. I've never tried it, but it may be possible to co-exist with a UDP-based SIP server by using a 3rd-party SIP router of some sort, like OpenSER.

2) You should be able to get the calls working with the audiocodes. the best place to start for more info about the mediation server and voice in general is the OCS Voice Deployment  guide.

3) If you want to see SIP traces of OCS calls, use the Debug tool in the OCS console. Turn on SIP debugging and it will generate a load of SIP logs for you to sift through.

4) Audio codes has good documentation on their site as to how to get their gateways configured for use with OCS

Regards,

Matt

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:09 PM
  • Hi Luis,

As Matt say you must have something to translate TCP to UDP for the VCX. One product that can do that is the Ingate SIParator (www.ingate.com) that is used by 3Com for general SIP Trunking which should be something similar to what you try to do.

/Janne

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 7:34 AM